Island Rock Crawl '99 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Island Rock Crawl '99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well gang, I'm heading out to Victoria B.C tomorrow after work. Gonna attend IRC Rock Crawl '99. I don't expect to see too many other Explorers there, but this event has had magazine coverage before so maybe I'll get my picture taken. I will fill you in on the details some time next week.

Here is a link to last years event.

http://www.off-road.com/~lhsoo/1998/irc98/irc98.htm

Later

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Dead Link Removed

Well I got home tonight. I had a great time there were about 125 trucks there. Everything from mild to wild, from a Morris Minor to Unimogs. No mud boggers, mostly rock crawlers. I was the only Explorer. Quite a few people were sceptical about my truck but after the weekend was over I had changed a lot of peoples minds.

My locker in the front worked great. I am extremely pleased, it was money well spent. The event was sponsored by ARB, Randy's Ring and Pinion, Premier Power Welder/Pull Pal, Castrol, 4 Off Road, North Shore Off Road. All sponsors had staff and vehicles in attendance and gave away about 80 prizes.

The trails were great. Most gave amazing views of the Straight of Juan de Fuca. Some of the trails are really nasty. The rock is granite so they are sharp and slippery. There were at least 5 vehicles rolled during the event. Most were minor damage. There were lots of branches to rub up against on some of the more difficult trails. The easy trails had optional obstacles so you could make it as easy or difficult as you chose.

The Sooke Lions Club served breakfast and supper.

A 20 degree ramp was available for anyone who wanted to try it. I ramped 734.

This was a very well organized event and it was very reasonably priced, $85 Canadian for driver and vehicle. Including three nights camping, 4 meals, and a t-shirt.

I would really like to return next year and highly recommend this run to everyone.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Dead Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back