Issues With My New 2016 Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Issues With My New 2016 Sport

Same on mine, they fold as soon as I hit the button. No need to pull starp.

That's how I thought they worked - no need to pull anything just press the button.

doing other actions might be confusing the system - I would imagine the book would say

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's how I thought they worked - no need to pull anything just press the button.

doing other actions might be confusing the system - I would imagine the book would say

Doubt it, why would the strap be there then? Ours don't fold when you push the buttons to fold or stow. Maybe that's the issue? We'll see.

Doubt it, why would the strap be there then? Ours don't fold when you push the buttons to fold or stow. Maybe that's the issue? We'll see.
I don't recall having a strap to pull in order to fold the 3rd row headrests in my 2011 Explorer and there definitely isn't one in the MKT. I'm beginning to wonder if you actually do have the power fold seats. Have you checked fuse 78 in the power distribution box located in the engine compartment?

Peter

most electrical convenience features have a manual backup support system - so it's feasible the power fold seats might retain some of the mechanical system parts to facilitate movement in the event of a power failure or fault.

I purposely don't have the powerfold seats because I don't like the idea. So other than what's in the manual and my one recollection of trying it out I've got nothing.

most electrical convenience features have a manual backup support system - so it's feasible the power fold seats might retain some of the mechanical system parts to facilitate movement in the event of a power failure or fault.

I purposely don't have the powerfold seats because I don't like the idea. So other than what's in the manual and my one recollection of trying it out I've got nothing.
There is a small strap attached to the back of the 3rd row seats which can be used to pull the back of the seat to upright position when it is in the 'fold' position. When in the 'stowed' position, the strap is not visible. No other straps exist.

Peter

Attachments

• PC160357_001.JPG
    PC160357_001.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 317

There are no manual straps on my 2016 Sport to fold or pull back the seats to an upright position, but 1 strap does exist for folding the head rest.
With power being the only option to fold the seats, this also scares me down the road when warranty runs out.

There are no manual straps on my 2016 Sport to fold or pull back the seats to an upright position, but 1 strap does exist for folding the head rest.
With power being the only option to fold the seats, this also scares me down the road when warranty runs out.
Very surprised to hear that. I guess auto folding headrests is another feature the Sport doesn't have.

Peter

Sorry to hear about your issues. We were about to buy the new 2016 Pilot Elite, but the Elites were delayed, so we looked at a few more models. My wife wanted a red SUV, and one of the Ford Dealers had a '16 Sport with almost every option on display. Didn't have 2nd row console (which I eventually paid nearly double for and installed myself) and rear entertainment. Long story short, we bought it. That was on July 4th. Since then, I read about other owners having issues and keep waiting for the same to happen to ours. So far, the only issue we've had was noticing the door weatherstripping was not put on properly which resulted in a malformed weatherstripping when I properly attached it back in it's spot. The dealer ordered a new weatherstripping and had it installed around the first or second week after we bought it and we haven't been back to the dealer since. We have nearly 8k miles on it and my wife still loves it. Good luck with getting your issues resolved. I'd say the dealer needs to make this right if the salesman assured you the Explorer would have memory seats. They should know to verify all options you asked about when it was ordered. I wonder if they simply located one rather than built it?

Very surprised to hear that. I guess auto folding headrests is another feature the Sport doesn't have.

Peter

They do automatically drop when you hit the fold button. I tried it today, just because of this thread. The OP's seats need checked by the dealer.

2016 Explorer Sport 401A

They do automatically drop when you hit the fold button. I tried it today, just because of this thread. The OP's seats need checked by the dealer.

2016 Explorer Sport 401A
Badluck 77 has the 400A package so I wonder if there is a difference in the seats. He stated he has a strap to pull in order to fold the 3rd row headrests. Those with the auto fold headrests don't have a strap to fold the headrests.

Peter

Badluck 77 has the 400A package so I wonder if there is a difference in the seats. He stated he has a strap to pull in order to fold the 3rd row headrests. Those with the auto fold headrests don't have a strap to fold the headrests.

Peter

400A is no different.

Peter

Mine has straps. I use it to lower the headrests when I want the seat up without having the headrests blocking my view (w/of 3rd row passengers )

Mine has straps. I use it to lower the headrests when I want the seat up without having the headrests blocking my view (w/of 3rd row passengers )
Ditto. That is how we roll. Just tried auto fold with headrests up and they do automatically go down. I definitely like the option to put headrests down when third row isn't used but keep the seats up to use the deep space behind the 3rd row.

Going to revisit this tomorrow.

Peter

I have mine since October 7th and I'm at 4500 miles.
That's nothing. I've had mine since April 1, 2014 and I'm at 5200 miles.:D

Peter

I heard our fans making noise too yesterday. I went outside when my wife got home today and you can hear them squeal as they come to a stop. I spun them and they both make noise. The left is a duller squeal and the right is a higher pitch. Not easy to spin them. They are sharp and not much room in there. Let us know what the dealer says. I am only at 430 miles. Almost time to see what full boost feels like. Waiting for 500 miles.

I have a 13 sport. I just test drove a 16. Seems to have less jump and power??? I was looking at upgrading. Not sure if I want to now. I put my 13 back to stock when I got home. Just to compare the two. The 16 definitely seemed to have less power.

I have a 13 sport. I just test drove a 16. Seems to have less jump and power??? I was looking at upgrading. Not sure if I want to now. I put my 13 back to stock when I got home. Just to compare the two. The 16 definitely seemed to have less power.
Keep in mind that the vehicles you take for a test drive have yet to have the transmission and the fuel and idle trim learn your style of driving. Not sure if that would account for any difference you feel.

Peter

How the heck did my issue thread end up getting jacked to talk about someones lighting and ABS??

Anyway, the passenger side power fold headrest does go down automatically when you hit the buttons, but there is also a strap for each one. The driver side for some reason does not. Maybe has something to do with the seat issue. A Ford rep called me and told me that the dealer is waiting to get in a loaner for me so they can look at our truck. This is total BS, and i told her that. Their after sale support is horrendous. # weeks after reporting the issue to them and they still have not gotten it back in to look at.

Stay tuned.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How the heck did my issue thread end up getting jacked to talk about someones lighting and ABS??

Anyway, the passenger side power fold headrest does go down automatically when you hit the buttons, but there is also a strap for each one. The driver side for some reason does not. Maybe has something to do with the seat issue. A Ford rep called me and told me that the dealer is waiting to get in a loaner for me so they can look at our truck. This is total BS, and i told her that. Their after sale support is horrendous. # weeks after reporting the issue to them and they still have not gotten it back in to look at.

Stay tuned.

Welcome to Ford. Once they have your money they do not give a rats ass. LOL. I have dealt with them on more than one occasion. It is like talking to a wall. The only saving grace was that the dealership where I bought mine was good. Fomoco Canada sucks ass at customer service.

Back