It has been fun, y'all.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It has been fun, y'all....

zavetsky

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
....well, I will be trading in my 94 X for an 03 Durango today......

While I have liked and STILL like the Explorer, the looks of it, the ride of it, I have been sinking WAY too much money into repairs on it.....I got about $3,000 in trade, what I owed to the bank.....of course I still have some debt due to major repairs on this truck, but I guess that happens with older vehicles....

I just wanted to say "Thanks!" to all the great folks here and the folks who run and moderate this forum....This is one of the BEST resources on the web, IMHO.....over the last 4.5 years, I have gotten SO much info here.....gotten advance warning on what to look for and ways to save money doing my own repairs....commiserated with folks on problems and talked about X strong points......so again, thanks to all.

ALso, I will be posting a couple of items on the for sale part of this forum -- a welded RAM brush guard, a CD player, K&N, auto hubs and trailer wiring...all from my Explorer....so check it out...

I may still stop by time to time.....a lot of great conversations go on here, and probably the least arguments of any forum I visit.....

Take care everyone!

DZ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as we always say... "dont be a stranger", just because your gettin rid of the Ex doesnt me we dont like you anymore... well... maybe we like you a LITTLE less, but who knows... only time will tell. Enjoy the new Durango!
--Bryan

good luck.

No, the hemi is new for Durangos in 2004....

I have the 5.9 and 3.92 rear end...

I dont like the looks of the 04 Diurango...yuck.

Originally posted by Black Magic
Does that thing got a Hemi?

<grin>

Yeah, the 04s are kinda ugly IMHO....I waas told by a salesman that he and his cohorts put a new Hemi Ram next to a 5.9 Ram and raced....The 5.9 won....

Plus, I would never buy the first year of a major redesign....too many bugs to work out....

Now, I recently test drove a Nissan Armamda...

OMG!!!!!!! That puppy was a base model and had EVERYTHING.....electronic ride adjustment, load leveling, BOSE sound, rear backup radar.....basically a poor man's Hummer....

CAVERNOUS interior.....and the v8 in that thing ROCKS. Actually a larger and heavier vehicle and faster than my new 5.9 Durango.....

DZ

Originally posted by Black Magic
I have heard so much negative from more Dodge enthusiests about the new Durago's than anyone.

GaSouthern1 has one and he still hanging around here and still contributing to the site. You don't have to be a stranger. But good luck though. :)

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
GaSouthern1 has one and he still hanging around here and still contributing to the site. You don't have to be a stranger. But good luck though. :)

I guess you could call it contributing.:D

and then they shoved the hemi engine down in the so called engine compartment, its a horrible set up, its harder to get to the top of then engine then it is to get to my spark plug wires....its not that great...id rather not have the hemi in it....IMO...peace...hope u like ur durango....peace

Yea, the new one really really really really SUCKS...there is no other way to put it...I will stick with my 4.7, although the hemi would be nice;)

I have driven the HEMI RAM on many occasions that thing gets about 12.5 MPG or so says the computer. I wonder what the new Dur*ngo will get with that thing under the hood. I am guessing less.

If you gotta go you gotta go but I dont remember anyone telling you that you had to go.

Well, the 5.9 in my Durango gets between 10 and 11.5 around town so far......the X was getting about 11-12

From what I have been told, the Hemi gets 1 or 2 mpg more and has 100 more HP and 50 ( or ft-lbs more torque....definately a jump.....

But I agree...the HEMI setup is TIGHT in the new D. Didnt look too bad in the Ram.

DZ

When I had my Dakota R/T with the 360 I was getting a consistent 10MPG. Now with the Durango I get about 15 or so in the city with an intake. I also have 3.55s with 32s, on the highway I usually get around 16.5, once I hit about 78-80 my gas mileage goes to absolute crap...like 15 mpg hwy.

Its cool to see another Durango owner hanging out here..... :)

DZ

Back