• Register Today It's free!

It's time to trade

haphop

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000XLT 5.0
I have own explorers for 20 years and it's time for a trade. The new mid size SUV are just cars with big tires. No roof racks, if there are roof racks, there is an antenna in the middle or flimsy trim on the back stuck in the way of loading anything on top. What are the engineers thinking?

I kayak, camp, and bike. I don't want a car. so, I'm looking at the '07 to '010 models and leaning toward Explorer V8 or the 4Runner. 4x4's not necessary. I would like to hear your experience ford vs other mid size suv's. Pros and cons. Better year and models. How many miles and engine on yours?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would take the ford explorer over the imports, the quality is the same. but if you ever need parts there are plenty of auto parts available. imports seems like you have to order parts and wait.

All I can say is take a 4th gen. V8 out for a test drive. I was stunned by the interior size, ride comfort and power over my 2nd gen V6 sohc. Fuel milage kinda sucks, but the power keeps the smile on my face.

If you can find one that still has a power train warranty, grab it quick.

Xterra has real roof rails

xterra can not compare to v8 explorer!

Back