I've come to the conclusion that.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I've come to the conclusion that....

I get compliments on the exhaust I have on my wife's Green X....

it is a 3" (yes, it is PROBABLY a bit on the big side for a V-6)..but the sound is TOTALLY worth it....

My V6 DOES in fact sound like a stock 5.0L Mustang...and people ALWAYS ask if I swapped a V8 into my Explorer....I never answer them....

I've been saying for a LONG time that I will get a vid w/ audio...maybe I'll get it done soon...I have some time off now...

Ryan

Well, to start off, you prolly have the OHV which is a deeper sounding engine. The sohc is a higher pitched motor

What kind of muffler do you have? Is it dumped?

Hmm, really? Wouldnt that trap in moisture and rust the pipes?

That's what some people say, however, I've done this with the 2" pipe and sported it for a few months. When I took it off, I peeled the wrap off and there was absutely no rust anywhere.

you have to coat the pipes first, then wrap, then coat again. Then again, maybe it's cuss I'm in texas? I don't see the problems people describe.

That's what some people say, however, I've done this with the 2" pipe and sported it for a few months. When I took it off, I peeled the wrap off and there was absutely no rust anywhere.

you have to coat the pipes first, then wrap, then coat again. Then again, maybe it's cuss I'm in texas? I don't see the problems people describe.

Yeah- Im in florida. Maybe it's because the salt from snow gets trapped in the wrap and rusts the pipes which is why a lot of cars up north get that underbody treatment done to prevent rust? Hell..I dunno. I havent seen snow for 15 years so I dont know. So you wrap it with header wrap and coat it with what? Im guessing this keeps the heat away from the engine and such and in the pipes. What exactly did it do to the sound because Im loving my sound right now.

Back