James Duff Bumper on Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

James Duff Bumper on Explorer?

Thread moved -- let me know what you want the title to be.

Thanks IZwack. Could you change it to "James Duff Bumper on Explorer?" I thought some Explorer guys might like the option of using James Duff stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fin

Yea there plenty bright I can actually see where I'm going now through my 5% tint, I have them wired to a switch since my reverse lights dont work after I did the manual swap I just had to extend the wires a bit.

Anyone know of any good locking jerry can holders?

Well i would say that whole thing looks amazing. Wish i had any sort of fabricating skill and i would get that same mod going as well.

Anyone know of any good locking jerry can holders?

If you have a army/navy store near by look into the new improved jerry can holder we use on our trucks now. BTW they are used the hold the new plastic cans that have been around for the last 9 years. I can get you the NSN (national stock number) and a part number if you would like. They list for 24 bucks sold to the government so they should be a good price to you.

Jon

Well i would say that whole thing looks amazing. Wish i had any sort of fabricating skill and i would get that same mod going as well.

This was my first attempt at welding. The tools I used were a 4 1/2" HF Angle Grinder and the 110v/230v HF Arc Welder. Thanks for the compliment!

If you have a army/navy store near by look into the new improved jerry can holder we use on our trucks now. BTW they are used the hold the new plastic cans that have been around for the last 9 years. I can get you the NSN (national stock number) and a part number if you would like. They list for 24 bucks sold to the government so they should be a good price to you.

Jon

That would be great. Do you have a picture of the new carriers?:navajo:

I'm going to plate the top, so the chasis won't be visible. I'm not done with this project yet.

I'm going to plate the top, so the chasis won't be visible. I'm not done with this project yet.

Good :thumbsup: i was hoping you wouldn't leave it like that. The bumper, mounts and lights look great! don't get me wrong, it just doesn't look finished.

now...if we could be so lucky as to come across a find like this in a junkyard.

Be Proud... you did a good job!

thats sweet!

looks awesome keep up the good work

Made another great find today! My buddy and I stopped by the local scrap metal yard and asked if we could "wink, wink" look around. Among the Dana 44s (that will come later) and other cool stuff we found, I grabbed a 70 pound sheet of diamondplate and found an extra military jerry can. At weight (scrap yard) the total was $31.50! I'm going to start plating the bumper on Mon. I may also start mounting my swing-arms.

Lol, we're usually saying that about other people! The best part of hunting around is that we usually find tools left behind and forgotten. Today I got (free) a pair of vise-grips, oil filter wrench and some wire-strippers. We're heading back to that yard on Mon. to pick up a complete (minus the engine) VW dune buggy that my friend wanted...only $150. It's amazing what ends up at scrap yards; we also found a CRATE full of reloading presses that had been discarded by a local RCBS factory.

I think I'm gonna go to the ol scrapyard tomorrow just to see what I bump into....

that bumper is sweet your so damn lucky nice find. looks great. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That bumper looks outstanding! Great job and even better write up of the entire process.:salute:

Back