• Register Today It's free!

jeep rims on explorer

GoneExploring

Reaction score
City, State
Sugarcreek, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB 4x4
I have a set or american racing rims off a jeep cheerokee on my explorer the lug pattern is the same but the center hole on the rims and i guess its the hub has about a finger tip gap between them should I be concerned about this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am pretty sure it will be ok. Explorers aren't hub-centric like a honda, they are bolt-centric. The lug nuts are used to center the wheel on the hub, not the hub itself. Thats why the lug nuts are tapered.

Oik I was more worried about the support of the weight of the vehicle especially since they take a beating when off roading! but thanks for the reply

You can get inserts that fit between the wheel opening
and the hub, to give a hubcentric fit.....

You can get inserts that fit between the wheel opening
and the hub, to give a hubcentric fit.....

Do you happen to know where I can get these and if they are not needed and im just being silly about something stupid please say so i just dont want a wheel to come flying off because the vehicles weight is not supported properly. thanks in advance

From the few pics of broken lugs bolts I have seen online, I'll spend the small price for a set of hubcentric rings.

explorers are not hubcentric. no need to worry.

So its actually the lug bolts themselves that support the weight of the vehicle?

So its actually the lug bolts themselves that support the weight of the vehicle?

you got it. they'll be just fine. i've wheeled the crap out of mine... hard, and never had a single issue in that department.

Back