Jerky gear change

mycaptainchris

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac XLT V8
Not beef Jerky!!!

I've always heard of the gear issues on the V8 and only had one slight issue when it was new. But this current problem doesn't seem to be the same as most peoples!!!???

The gear change is really jerky. It used to be so smooth but as the miles build it seems to be getting worse. Paula, my Ford Service Advisor seemed to know what it was, but I wanted the opinion of the Explorations clan.

Any Clue?

couple thoughts

Not sure if you've had your tranny fluid change, but that would be my first route before spending big dough. Synthetic fluids make a big difference and are worth it. Knowing ford they're probably telling you that you they have a new update and they can flash the computer and it should solve it. If it doesn't work, more often than not they try and sink you for a rebuilt tranny because most dealers don't have transmission experts or the time to drop it and actually diagnose a problem. Ford wanted was trying to sink me for a new tranny when my old Ford had a problem with it slipping. I decided to try a local transmission shop for a second opinion and they adjusted a few things and it was good ever since.

Back