jerky mechanic, what to do? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jerky mechanic, what to do?

honestly, i think going through all that would be too much of a pain. i work at a body shop, ill just have my buddy who does the touch ups take a brush to it

The two simple things you can do is badmouth them whenever someone asks about local shops. Tell them who did good and who is crap..

Also, check to see if the 1st shop is listed on any directories that allow reviews and put in a bad review on each one. Just keep it to the facts as much as you can so it will help sway them..

by directories, I'm thinking of superpages, dexlone etc..

~Mark

so i go to my mechanic to see why the ###% my truck still hasnt moved (maybe he didnt hear me the first 10 times i told him i needed it for work). theres a sign on the door that says on vacation from the 12th to the 20th, but he told me the 7th! at this point im really mad, i call his son to come open the shop so i can get my keys, no answer, i call the number on the tow truck and he says he cant let me in till 7. so i call him at 7 get my keys and bring the truck home, then i notice theres a big ass scratch by my tail light that deff was not there when i brought him the truck. then i had my boss from the body shop find me a real mechanic and he told me if it was infact the timing cover gasket like my mechanic told me, it would be leaking oil, not coolant. this was the last time this guy will see my business as it was the 3rd time hes screwed up. i guess this is what loyal business for 20 years gets you.

I hate to say it, I really do... but no one cares as much about your car (or truck) as you do.

Replace car / truck with any item in any discussion and the same remains true.

It's for this reason that I try to do everything myself FIRST rather than hire "experts".

As long as you work carefully, and slowly so you don't break anything, you can do ANYTHING. I just need to have the right tools and access to the internet certainly helps too...

IE: The same goes for reshingling your roof, pavering a driveway, re-doing a bathroom, rebuilding an engine, etc...

Sometimes you just NEED experts... like a machine shop, whatever... but 99% of everything else, you can do yourself.

yea i did do the water pump the first time, and it was just defective. shouldnt have bought the cheap one lol. but i just dont feel like doing it again honestly, and im just glad to pay 180 instead of 500

Back