• Register Today It's free!

what to do, problem with mechanic

ygu

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB
I took my truck to a Tuffy's automotive by my house and have had some problems about a month ago. I paid for what they call a mid oil change in which they are suppossed to top off all of my fluids and change my oil, on saturday. Sunday afternoon my low washer fluid sensor goes off, so I go back and complain and they give me some 2 free oil changes. The problem is I also took my wife's car there sunday morning before I knew of the problem and paid for the highest oil change package that they had which includes tire rotation. I just relaized last weekend that they never did a the rotation. what should I do now, should I go back there and complain again, should I goto their coporate office. Please advise. Thanks

what a ripoff.
go back and complain. if they give you a couple free rotations and oil changes, then great. after you use them up, never go back. find another place.

if they dont offer anything. then go corporate, and maybe file a complaint with the BBB. obviously they are ripping off a lot of people:mad: :frustrate

Originally posted by leenjen

go back and complain.

I agree... always start with the source of the problem and then work your way up.

Go back and ask why they didn't rotate the tires first. I know the guys that do the rotations and oil changes at the shop I work at they will not do a rotation do to several reasons. 1, If the car is say a front wheeldrive the tires witht the better tread depth go on the front and vise versa for rear wheel drive. 2, if they notice any uneven wear on the front tires and the rears are just fine they will leave the good tires in the back. This is because the alignment maybe out, bad struts, lose ball joints etc. They don't put the good ones up front cause the factor causing the bad wear on the front tires will eat up the rear tires just as bad. So by leaving them in the rear you will only need to buy 2 tires and fix what ever is causing the bad wear. I personaly if having a problem were the front end is eating up tires would rather pay to have it fixed and only buy 2 tires then have to spend even more money and buy 4 tires.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Just ask them why they didn't do it first and if it turns out they didn't do it just beacause they didn't want to then complain about it. If it is a nationwide chain call the district office before you call corporate. You could call the BBB to and let them know. Do what ya need to do.

Back