Jingle manual hubs, shop grease them, no more noise, a bad move? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jingle manual hubs, shop grease them, no more noise, a bad move?

fabianoliver

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montevideo - Uruguay
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hi
My X has been modified to manual hubs, when i bought it they makes a rattle noise , a jingle noise. Upset.
When the shop changed the brake pads, they dismantle the manual hubs and applied grease ( i guess a good amount) inside to stop the jingle.
Bad move?
i didn't use the 4x4 since, what can happens?
Splines were in very good shape, they tell me

There should not be any jingle coming from the hubs. If there is a noise, putting grease on it will only hide the noise, not fix what’s wrong.
Possible reasons for a jingle sound would be if there is no C-clip to hold the splined washer tight, or maybe even if the two locking nuts are not tight.

There should not be any jingle coming from the hubs. If there is a noise, putting grease on it will only hide the noise, not fix what’s wrong.
Possible reasons for a jingle sound would be if there is no C-clip to hold the splined washer tight, or maybe even if the two locking nuts are not tight.
Hello RangerX, take a look when i shaked the hubs., both sides, the same ( this is normal?) . They dismanle it, and add grease inside

Attachments

• IMG_1453.mov
    4 MB

Back