Joe Dirt's 2000 Ex-El-Tee "Deuce" | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Welcome to the registry for Wedgie 2.0, who has been affectionately named "Deuce"

From Shad's info to save keystrokes:

Here is the run down:

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L - AWD
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Gray Leather
Yada, yada, yada...

Highlights:

• Transmission rebuilt at 160,000 miles, and filled with synthetic
  • Lifted 2" in front with torsion keys
  • Lifted 3" in back with Add-a-Leaf and Warrior Shackles
  • New Superlift shocks at 166,000 miles
  • 31" x 10.5" tires
  • As much rust as some southern trucks- she's clean...

Interesting fact- it was an XLT fitted with air-ride shocks from the factory. System was disabled with the kit and shocks were put on to avoid costly repair.

Next to Wedgie:

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Today 1/28/11 was the first car wash.

IMG_1671.jpg

And yes, it needs to be cleaned... :D

IMG_1707.jpg

Um... This is going to be my biggest challenge to date.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

But it's going to be fine. It's an incredible place to start- the steering wheel isn't even gummy or rolled. I'm very pleased with the canvas... :thumbsup:

Anyway, after the car wash, I snapped some pics for starting point reference.
So, here are our obligatory before pictures...

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Door seams always oiled

IMG_1688.jpg

Hatch looks brand new as well!

IMG_1698.jpg

Nothing on the rocker seams ...but a paint chip :D

IMG_1687.jpg

Rockers nice. No rust even at the back- just grime and ice. I think the mudflaps really helped...

IMG_1685.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh no!!!! You're going to sell Deuce!?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

70-30 chance...

Well I would have been interest but I own 2 as it is and my Mounty is for sale as it is now..

I've been admiring Deuce!

Trust me- if I didn't think it was the best, I wouldn't even be considering it. But, new house, new bills, re-arranged priorities...

If something happens to it, or something major needs repair- I really wouldn't be able to afford to fix it in the near future. So, before something does go south I'm considering selling it so I can get some money out of it simply because it is such a nice truck, as much as it pains me to do so...

What's next there Joe? That is a nice Explorer but your a bit of a drive...

For now, nothing. We've got 3 cars right now, and the Escape can pull my boat and stuff, so for now it would be a full garage and empty driveway... :)

Gotcha...been away from the forum too much, didn't know you had gotten an Escape.

I'll keep this in mind. I've been keeping my eye out in hopes of possibly buying this truck. What's the selling price? :)

I'll keep this in mind. I've been keeping my eye out in hopes of possibly buying this truck. What's the selling price? :)

Whats the current mileage? Sure could use a reason to go back to Holland and have some Guiness! Free car washes and details with purchase?

Understand reason for sell but wow you have taken that thing from Dirty Duckling to a real looker, I see tears when you hand over the keys.

Good luck on the sale mate!!!

oh, btw. if this turns into a for sale thread, i will vouch for joe on this. the pictures that he has posted do this truck no justice at all. i saw it when i stopped at his place on my way home this summer.

Thanks Tim...

Yeah, I don't have anything figured yet, since we're waiting for some medical bills and such to show up that may or may not add to the percentage. I just wondered how much interest there would be if it ended up needing to be sold. I guess if the time comes, I'll post it up. Until then, it was awesome in the 6" of lake-effect snow we got this morning. :)

Those BFG Longtrails that you've got on there- what's your opinion on them?

Snow? 8.5/10
Dry? 10/10
Wet? 10/10
Noise? 9/10
Wear? I've only got about 5,000 miles on them but they still gauge new on depth...

I like them a lot, nice tire. I like them better than the Cooper Discoverers I previously had on Snowball, and way more than the Messy Goodyear Wranglers...

6+ months later, and Deuce is obviously still here. Still rearranging priorities. This may now call for selling the Toyota to pay bills off, and ruin the Ex daily as the difference in the cost of gas more than is made up by the lower insurance payment of not having to pay for full coverage on the Toyota. Plus, I can pay off a lot with the Camry money. So, for now, Deuce is sticking around...

I'm adding these charts, in the hopes that it'll be easier to link to them when people are asking about tire swaps, since I went from 15's to 16's. Notice the difference in percentages according to speed. We'll let FIND explain that... :D

At 25 mph:

tire2.jpg

At 40 mph:
tire4.jpg

At 55 mph:

tire5.jpg

At 70 mph:

tires.jpg

Fixed... Thanks Tom!

Still Deucing in the snow...

2013-02-01_10-57-34_454.jpg

Back