• Register Today It's free!

journy to the north

chrisquelch

Reaction score
City, State
fareham hants
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 northface
well here i go again up north for another explorer having brought 2 in last 3 months. (both being broken at the moment) hoping this one will be a keeper so i can retire my grand cherokee as it now has 22000 mile on it .and while iam on talk about petrol prices its costing £70 to go 150 miles on a train thats nearly 50p a mile. well i am going tuesday will report back .cheers chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Chris,

Are you passing Carnforth J35 M6? if you want a brew to break the journey I can arrange.

Boots

cup of tea and a sandwich break 20 miles east of the junction of the M1 and M6 if you need a break on the way home.

journy south

hi thanks for the offers i havent planed return yet but its from macclesfield to farham hants nr to southampton. will have to look at mapquest or give in and buy sat nav.cheers chris

Why you going North mate- do more Exs live there?
I went to Wakefield after searching a lot of suspect ones here in London.
Glad I did came back with my Northface.

i went up to wolverhampton for mine (thats north from me lol)

i think cars are cheaper in general in the northerly regions,got the misses her mx5 from further up aswell,for half the price of local ones.

Had a 740 mile round trip to get mine - well worth it. Nothing much down here in Cornwall.

hi all yes i think cars are cheaper up north . mined you i have to go north as its a bit wet if i go south. cheers Chris

hi all yes i think cars are cheaper up north . mined you i have to go north as its a bit wet if i go south. cheers Chris

lol :bsnicker:

I got mine in Cornwall

It's funny ain't it that wherever you are, the car is somewhere else. My Explorer came from Cornwall so there was one in Cornwall, and for my own sanity I got it with an overnight stop. My last purchase, a Mondeo came form Liverpool. There's never anything locally at the right time at the right price (the 1st law of car buying). I've also found that cars I've bought have lived their entire life within 50 miles and then get moved 250 miles by the last buyer ready for me to move it back! Someone is now going to tell me they bought a Mondeo and Explorer in Hastings and for peanuts Ho hum!

got mine in east london......viewed it 6 in the morning,then collected it 2 days later 8 in the morning.......try drivin an ex when the mrs following who is only used to driving around town....(furthest 5 miles)

Guess I was lucky finding mine 6 miles from home. Mind it was the 7th that i'd looked at

Back