Just a little FYI about PIAA And other Lights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just a little FYI about PIAA And other Lights.

Welp I had a little time on my hands this weekend and some money to burn so I went to the local shop and picked up a pair of
PIAA 9007 Platinum series head lamp replacement bulbs.. And a pair of. Crystal Hyper White 9007 Halogen bulbs "XENON GASS FILLED"

I wanted to see what made piaa bulbs $80 and the other ones $25 First thing I did was I went to a dark area and looked at how my factory lights looked on the field.... after that I put in the Hyper Whites ($25) Now let me tell you... if your looking for your lights to give off a blue color... get these... but that’s about all they do.... they Suck =P My factory lights are brighter then they are... after that I put in the piaa's Let me tell you... the PIAA's on low beam were brighter then my factory's on High beam.... and they are also a true white light... not a yellowish like the factories... so if its a blue color your looking for... get the **** bulbs... but if you want more light... go with the piaa's.. So what have a learned? As matt says... you get what you pay for... and I think the piaa's are worth the $80 I paid for them.... and just so you all know... no I didn’t keep the $80 bulbs... I returned then and got them on ebay for $55 =)

Hope I was some help to a few of you with the same question I had.. If anyone has any other questions for me. Let me know... also I know a guy from ebay that sells the piaa bulbs for $55 + $4 s&h if you would like his email addy. Just let me know..

Mike

P.S. No i dont work for Piaa =P I was just a person with questions and the time to get the answers..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

... and a few bucks to burn.

I couldn't agree more. Besides the great light output, nothing looks cooler than on a foggy, rainy night seeing the white beems extend from the headlights out.

PIAA rocks!! i couldn't be happier with al of mine!

I like my PIAA superwhites, real impressed. One of mine burned out last week, so I went to 4 Wheel Parts and they replaced it for free. Turns out, the bulbs have a one year warranty:)

PIAA's for life is what that means;)

I love my PIAA superwhites! They really help me when I drive at night while raining. I'm always scared of driving at night while raining. So this helped me a lot. Thanks for doing the group purchase deal Matt, this helps to keep my wallet a bit heavy. Hehe.

Back