PIAA vs. Pilot | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PIAA vs. Pilot

PIAA 959 & Pilot 704-B projector lights. Amber light, 85 watt bulbs, and about the same size. PIAA $200+, Pilot $65.+, wireing about the same and PIaa push button, Pilot toggle switch.
Just thought I'd give you my opinion.
I started out with the Pilot and upgraded to a PIAA 85 watt bulb from the 55 watt that came with it. It was pretty bright and lit up the road real good. I really liked the idea of a projector type light to keep the light out of oncomming drivers eyes. But always looking for something better I got a PIAA 959 and replaced the Pilot when I got a new air damn. The PIAA has a sharper defined cut off of the light but that seems to be the only thing that is better. It just does not light up the road like the Pilot.
I have now gone back to he Pilot and will have to change my signature. Luckily the lenses from the 910 driving lights will fit on the 959 body so for $80. I'll have another set of driving lights to put somewhere.
For what it's worth....

That is very true. Maybe I can get Ron at KC to swap out the chromes for black. Can't hurt to ask:)

Back