Just acquired a used 2010 Sport Trac w/ 107,400 miles - TCS icon intermittently appears on the dash | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just acquired a used 2010 Sport Trac w/ 107,400 miles - TCS icon intermittently appears on the dash

pnedry

Reaction score
City, State
PETERSBURG, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac 4X4 Limit
Leased a new 2007 Sport Trac 2WD for 2 years. Just picked up a used 2010 Sport Trac 4X4 in March 2022 w/ 107,400 miles. The TCS icon comes on the dash intermittently. Upon shut down and restart, the icon disappears (normal condition). Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Leased a new 2007 Sport Trac 2WD for 2 years. Just picked up a used 2010 Sport Trac 4X4 in March 2022 w/ 107,400 miles. The TCS icon comes on the dash intermittently. Upon shut down and restart, the icon disappears (normal condition). Any suggestions?
If you have an OBDII reader with Forscan, you can disengage icon.

Check for other Codes, if nothing else, you'll be OK

BTW, How did you LEASE a NEW 2007????
Thank you for the suggestion on the diagnostic tool.

I left out that I leased the 2007 Sport Trac unit in 2007! I have had a leased 2019 Ranger for 30 mo that will be up in the Fall. I like it, but it is difficult for my wife to get in and out of; I am going to turn it in when the lease is up. So, I went looking for a 2010 Sport Trac. Easier to get in and out of and the cup holders placement makes much more ergonomic sense!

IVD module needs to be calibrated for example.

DTC check needed

Back