Just bought an Explorer

enjoimark

Reaction score
City, State
Amarillo, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport 4x2
Hello there, introducing myself.

Just bought a 2001 Explorer Sport 4x2 for $500 today from a co worker.
It's in excellent condition, 111k miles and I hope it can churn out many more miles. He could have easily sold it for more than $3,000 but he just wanted it out of his driveway and wanted to give me a deal. I guess I got LUCKY!:thumbsup:

Anyways, good to see an active, large forum for these. I had a Jeep Liberty and there's not much support out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Plan on posting any pictures soon?

:wavey:

That is a killer deal... :thumbsup:

Hello! I got a similarly great deal. My cousin GAVE me my 2000 Explorer Sport 4WD with 157k miles on it because he knew I needed a car for school and he didn't need the $500 trade-in value the dealership was offering (he said he'd rather do me a solid). Needless to say, I owe him big (this past Xmas, I got him a nice bottle of scotch as a start). I look forward to absorbing the info on this forum in order to keep my truck alive for as long as possible!

Here's a pic. Just got it inspected today, passed with flying colors. Mechanic said it looks real good, couldn't believe I paid 500 for it.

imag0010fn.jpg

It looks really nice. Definitely worth $500. Probably worth $2,500-$3,000, IMO.

STUNNING deal! I was handed down my Explorer too. Good to see one in great condition, hope you plan on keeping it that way!!

Sweet Deal !! 'Love Thy Neighbor' sure does apply-

Wow! Awesome deal. Im sure you will get your moneys worth outta it.

Great Deal! I know someone who just got an '01 sport trac 4x4, 110k for $500 bucks too. Where am I when deals like this come around!

That is a great deal and welcome to the best Explorer resource anywhere.

I'd pay $500 in a heartbeat for that truck.

Thats a great deal indeed! Congrats!!!

Nice!

Looks exactly like my old 2001 Sport aside from the wheels...

Yea I hate the wheels... I swapped them yesterday for my Jeep steel wheels with 245/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler RTV's. Looks a lot better.

The rear sags a bit, so I need to get something to lift it up an inch or so. I guess a longer shackles will do the trick.

I'd pay $500 in a heartbeat for that truck.

I would buy it for $500 even though I don't need it! Some deals are just too good to pass up.

I like the aluminum alloy wheels. What do your Jeep wheels look like?

I need to get a picture of them on the Explorer, but here is a pic of the Jeep rims with the old mud tires on them...

dsc00917good.jpg

I just bought the new Bridgestone tires for the Jeep on Saturday, July 30th and they are 16's, the Explorer rims were 15's. So I just swapped them so i could ride in the new tires. I'll deal with the Jeep rims and tires later. Lots of things are broken on the Jeep.

I just slapped those on the Explorer and put the Ford center caps in. Looks good to me. Pics later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back