• Register Today It's free!

Just bought another Explorer

REDBOAT

Reaction score
City, State
Houston Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLS
Hi everyone!! I just bought my son a new (to us) 2005 Explorer XLS. I have owned a 91 sport that I bought used w/159,000 in 2003 and sold in 2005 w/189,000 and had no major problems. I then bought a 2000 Explorer in 1/2007 w/163,000 and dumped a load of money into and continuously had something broken. It was a real pain in the rear with something breaking every other week:mad: I just could not dump any more money into it and just sold it. So being a glutton for punishment I bought a 2005 w/45,300. It has the 4.0L V6. Is it refered to as OHV or a SOHC? It does have 2 valves per cylinder but it is not a dual overhead cam correct? After all I went thru with the 2000 I have lots of experience with repair and replacement and hopefully can be of some help but beware I can really ask some stupid questions:D. Is there anything I should be aware of keeping a close eye on?
Oh by the way they were all 2WD, I love the 4X4's jus dont have the need for one.

Welcome aboard :salute:.
Your engine is the 4.0L SOHC - Single OverHead Cam
As far as things to look out for I can't really help there because I have a different generation but there are tons of people that can help...

welcome

Back