just finished up a 4inch pro comp lift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just finished up a 4inch pro comp lift

okay after alot of reading and looking stuff up im going to stay with my axle but order a yukon 4.88 gear and master setup with a lockrite locker for the rear and then do the same to the front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so i was doing even more reading, what is your guys input on the cross pin for 4.88 gears would i need a notched one or grind down the gears for a stock one or do i need to worry about it with going 4.88 with a lockrite

4.88 is a big gear for 33s if you dd it.no notching,grind the gear!!

ya just looked it up, dont plan on going bigger then 33 for a while so ill go with around a 4.27 gear

thanks 4x4junkie. that is kinda inbetween what i was looking at thatll do thatll do.

Its a direct swap.you need a 95 master without cruise and without a proportioning valve.i would run atleast 4.10,4.56 is what is needed for 33.yep there is a couple of us here.search 99 behind swap and your get my swap info
^^^"4.56 is what is needed for 33s"

ya like i said im pretty happy with 33s for now and for awhile so ill go with the 4.56 gears, what do you guys thing of the lockrite locker though front and back

There good lockers.look at aussie lockers might be cheaper,thats what im going to run

just checked out the aussie lockers i deff like the read out of them better then the lockrites, and there about 20 bucks cheaper

Figured they would be and they got a good rep

hey jd4242 if i go the route you went and just put the gear in without the locker, how hard is it down the road to put the locker in, or do you pretty much have to do everyting all over again including getting the master intall kit again

Just goes right in as long as you have an open carrier.

ya its an open carrier. so its a pretty easy proccess well what i mean is you dont have to pull everything back out

Nope you dont have to redo the gears.there is a guy boomin on the board,my neighbor that can set your gears up for cheap if you cant or dont wanna do them,think he is charging a $100 a axel.he helped me with mine ;)

jd4242 your right about those spacers i put one on since i had the tire off anyway when i was putting on my steering stabilizer and i couldnt even turn the wheel half way i would have to cut the fenders big time with this lift to clear the fenders. so i took it back off. on a side note the steering stabilizer came out nice

I get lucky every now and then.;)

IMG-20110513-00052.jpg
just picked up a nice brushguard from craigstlist for 70 bucks from a 89 ranger, didnt bolt right up but pretty close, looks damn good though.
also found a bw1354 manual transfer case with all the hardware for 100 bucks, did some searching and it seems they are the same from ranger to explorer for those years,
i might have to scoop this up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back