• Register Today It's free!

Just joined...time to buy!

dwp30

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Well....the time has come to purchase a car for the wife. Her 2004 Chrysler T & C has 92K miles on it and needs some front end work, plus other various things. She is looking at Honda Odesseys, Pilots, and I'm trying to convince her to at least give the Ford Explorer a look. We drove all three yesterday and I'm trying to do some research on all three. Hence, I stumbled upon this site. This site has been a tremendous source of info and I appreciate the time it takes people to maintain and keep the forum top notch.

Now....how can I convince her to go "Exploring"?? Knowing the 2nd row seats in the Explorer helps(I saw pictures and info on this site!) as getting to the third row seemed difficult with a 2nd row bench seat. Time will tell..

Once again, now matter which way we go, I enjoy your site! Thanks....confused in Indiana! :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Are you looking at the 2014 Explorers? How do you like your 2010 Pilot? Maybe she should rent an Explorer for a week to help her make a decision.
I drive the 2010 Pilot(42k)....no problems with it, only one recall. Renting is a great idea, but hate to pay $$ to rent one. I have a strong feeling she's leaning mini-van.....I have driven a truck and now the Pilot, so sitting up higher is the only way to go for me. Sitting in the test drive mini-van yesterday was so WEIRD!! Felt like I was going to "drag butt" down the road!

Honestly, if you have kids it's really hard to beat the odyssey. Having the sliding doors makes the opening much easier to deal with when lugging car seats vs the explorer. And the auto open feature is really nice. We wanted one but the wife loved the color of the MPV too much to pass on it.

Yeah she didn't say "no" to the Explorer(yet). Having the option of 2nd row captains chairs in the Explorer has made the call more difficult....my kids are 11 & 13, so the sliding access door isn't as important as it once was a few years ago... If their friends can access the 3rd row through the divide, just like a van, then we are even as far as access goes...

We drove a base 2014 Ford Explorer yesterday...cloth and pretty much bare bones model. She's made it clear she wants leather....It just seems they make you get more things if you choose leather seating... She said it was fun to drive, BUT said it felt "cheap"?? Not sure what that exactly means

That means you will be buying a mini van!

You need to get her in a fully loaded limited edition. leather, $38,000 price tag = no cheap feel.

Back