Just joined today! :wavey:

Bulletslinger

Reaction score
City, State
Temecula, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer 4.0
Hello Everyone!!

I am happy to say I have finally joined the ranks of the happy (and not so, apparently) of the Ford Explorer owners. I went from a 2001 BMW 525i to my 2002 Eddie Bauer, and so far, I couldn't be happier!

At first, I was searching for random help with this little thing or that...but had to join cause of how awesome this place (and everyone) seems to be.

I already have a few favorite users of whom I've been following their advice to others, and I gotta say, I'm a fan, Ronin8002 and Kazer. Aside from them, everyone really seems so helpful!

I could spend hours tracking down the advice/opinions I need, but I'll just see what everyone who finds this post has to say first before I do any digging.

I would like to, in the future, lift my Ex. From what I've found already (thanks to Ronin, kazer and others) I'd like a 1.5" body lift and I'm keeping my stock 16" rims and going with a 265/75 when it's time for new tires.

A few questions. I've seen both the moog and the BTF on here. I mostly got the ex for the convenience of having a child, so I will mostly be on the road and won't be beating her up much with any off-road activities. With that said, what would be a good kit for the body lift? Should I do the moog or the BTF? Do I need strut spacers and, if yes, any recommendations? I was really diggin' on Ronin's 1.75"/1.5" set-up he had on his 3rd Gen.

What do I need and how much is it going to cost?

And lastly...I apologize in advance for being a n00b

Welcome to the forum!

Moog is NOT a full premium line. It's a blended line, meaning some parts are quality and some are crap. I don't know how this applies to their lift kits. But it should be kept in mind. I do not buy Moog and view them just like Fram. So I'd go BTF, but hold out for those with hands on experience.

Back