Just pulled codes... Need some help on a few of them | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just pulled codes... Need some help on a few of them

you're not kidding about taking a beating. I just disconnected the two tubes going to the DPFE and both were totally clogged with white junk. I cleaned them out, cleaned out the two ports which were encrusted with this white stuff and cleared the codes.... we'll see tomorrow if it worked. If it did'nt, off to autozone I go for a new DPFE. I was getting the 332 code. What a great board!

I too have been trying to figure out the cause of the dreaded Code 332 on my 1994 Sport. I replaced the EGR Valvue (it actually was sticking) and as suggested by earlier posts, cleaned all paret associated with the EGR Valuve Pressure Sensor (or DPFE). I cleaned the white powder from the DPFE sensor as best as possible as re-assemble things. I still had the Code 332. I took the DPFE off once again this time sprayed Break Cleaner into the 2 orifices to help loosen up any "crap" inside. After letting it sit for 30 sec. I took my air hose and blew out all the brake cleaner and the other deposits that were built up inside. Once I was certain all the brake cleaner was blown out, I re-assembled the DPFE. After clearing the codes, I took the truck for a ride and "voila", no more code 332. I guess I got all the gunk out of the DPFE. I have been driving my truck for 3 days now without the Service Engine Soon light (code 332) coming on.

Thanks to all who posted solutions for the 332 error code.

I just want to add one more thing......

I went to the local PartSource Store (Canada) and had them order an aftermarket DPFE (mfg. KEM )for my 1994. It looked similar to the OEM part except for a different shape connector. When they looked up the part number for the 1994 it matched the same part for the 1995-1998 models. It wasn't until I decided to got to AUTOZONE in the States, that I finally got a spare unit that matched the OEM part (WELLS part #SU243). It cost less than half of the price Ford wanted to charge.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

Well it was definately the DPFE I put a new one in and cleared the codes and the 332 never reappeared, just the three needle jumps continuous. This was about a month ago and its been great since, fuel economy is back so is the performance. I love the X again!

just a side note..i think 91 was the only year with the PFE....all other years have DPFE

Back