Just Saying Hello!

J Griff

Reaction score
City, State
Hammonton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Dropped 95 4dr X
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to make a first post and introduce myself. I just started playing with my 95 XLT 4 door, and while googling some questions I found this site. I picked up this gem from a dealership id o work for for an astounding 700 bucks! It currently has 168k and only needed a blower motor and two tires. I have performed the torsion twist in the front, and put 2" lowering blocks in the rear. I have a ton more planned, but I have a 14 m/o daughter, and a wife so my toys progress slowly, lol.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me into your community and I hope to get to intergrate myself more as time goes on!

-John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oops, almost forgot to share pics! Sorry they are dark, I had just finished with the suspension, now it's time to replace worn shocks! Anyone use RS5000???

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Good lookin' truck, what engine you got under that beast? I assume the 4.0ohv, from the looks, but you just never know anymore. lol.

Happy Foruming!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Brad - How did you guess??!!?? :p That 4.0 ohv is an absolute beast!!! I don't think I would have gotten it so cheap had it been a 5.0(though I can always dream!!)...

Welcome aboard. :salute: Nice looking Ex. :thumbsup:

You can always swap one in.
And, after being on this forum for so long and looking at all the different trim packages and styles of Explorer/Mountaineers you get a feel for it, I do it on the road all the time and make bets with my friends in parking lots, we get a lot of weird looks from owners when we're looking under the front of their truck. lol.

I figured yours was a 4.0ohv in 3 steps, 1. Fender, no badge (v8/xlt) 2. front bumper (thinner chrome) 3. Year. :)

Well, I'm sure it won't take me too terribly long to get to that point. I used to be a huge DSM fan(owned 5 total turbo eclipses/talons), I moved to a coupe of civics(didn't really dig the crowd/following), had a lowered 89 ranger, and a bagged Suzuki Sidekick. I have a great appriciation for all vehicles, but the Ex seems to fill my need for a toy as well as a family vehicle. Try putting your sleeping 1 year old into the back of a 97 turbo eclipse, then try not to boost/blow-off the entire drive. If the kid is still asleep when you get home, your def gonna wake em up bringing them inside, lol.... I need to supercharge this thing or something, I miss my turbo cars(the wife's 05 Saab 9-3 doesn't cut it)...

Back