Just to be sure, coolant change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just to be sure, coolant change

JumpManGoku

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer XLT
How do you change the coolant an a 06 explorer. Not just refill but drain the old coolant also. Like the steps in order. I'm not sure if to put some in the radiator cap as well as in the reservoir or to open the radiator cap and only add in reservoir . Help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Normally popping off the lower rad hose and catch the dump (not in the sewer). If you try and use the drain **** on the rad it may never seal back up. Best to do it while on ramps with the front as high as possible if on a sloped surface. That way its easier to burp getting the air out during the cycling up fill up.

Normally popping off the lower rad hose and catch the dump (not in the sewer). If you try and use the drain **** on the rad it may never seal back up. Best to do it while on ramps with the front as high as possible if on a sloped surface. That way its easier to burp getting the air out during the cycling up fill up.
don't think you want the front higher when draining, you would leave a lot in the block

Thanks guys I guess I'ma just do it how in the first video says to

Back