Justin's 97 Sport -- "Sue" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Justin's 97 Sport -- "Sue"

Hey all,

I've been around for maybe a year, looking at various things to do, but i figured i might as well put what i've done so far out there and what i hope to do.

I have Christened her Sue.

97 sport
4wd
leather interior
premium sound
sun roof
4.0 SOHC
4.10 Gears w/ "towing Package"

SueStock.jpg

I got my explorer in February of 2007 for 7000 with a one year bumper to bumper warranty with 90098 miles.

This isn't mine, but it's about as stock as i could find a picture of a sport.

Anyways, current and previous mods are:
Sony Explod head Unit 52WX4 ($243 w/ install)
2 12" Sony 1000W peak @ 4ohm subs ($130 with box)
Sony explod 1200W 2way amp ($199.99)
3way pioneers 6X8 in the back ($70)
4way pioneers 6x8 in the front ($30)
LED's in Cup holders, underside of the doors( $10, 100LEDs)
Stock 16s painted Black with Chrome center caps ($20 Krylon ultra flat camo (X3))
Removed Nerf Bars (Freebie)
Painted Vents black (Freebie)
Painted Speaker Grills black (Freebie)
Cobra 12 band (Freebie)
Magellen Roadmate 1200 ($170)
Fog Light Mod (Freebie)
Brown Wire Mod (Freebie)
8000k Bi-xenon HID's (110 shipped)
Custom Intake ($70)
Fuel Rail Magnets ( $30)
Tornado ($8.95)(Don't flame... willing to try anything to get more out of this poor ex)
Throttle Body Screws dremeled down (Freebie)
Shift Glow Digital vacuum Gauge ($65)
8k HID 800 series ($60 w/ shipping)
Blue/Red LED bars w/ Controller (23.99 w/ shipping)
desert bar w/ hella ($125) from Joshuaj
2 inch lift shackles ($20) From joshuaj
Sony explod 600w peak box ($130)
black out Headlights ($80) 410Fortune
dual xdvd8183 ($320)
Transmission Rebuilt with Trans-go Shift kit ($1300)
Transfer Case ($250)
Krylon bed liner X6 ($45)
Expedition Tow Hooks X2 ($20)

Current Total: $10,575.93

Repairs from 2 deer: $125(thank you E-bay)

As She sits now
DSC00620.jpg

Intake
Intake.jpg

Blacked Vents
Ventsdrying.jpg

installed
BlackVents.jpg

Black Speaker Grills
BlackSpeakergrills.jpg

LED's
Cupholders.jpg

Puddlelightsnighttime.jpg

Hit 107,000 over the weekend, still running strong
SpeedoCluster.jpg

Sound System
HeadUnit.jpg

Subbox.jpg

Amp.jpg

And the HIDs
DSC00340.jpg

Future Plans

4dr springs + helper springs
TT + either bulging the fenders or buying fiberglass fenders
v8 swap
Manual t-case
285s or 33s
98+ hatch conversion

Let me know what you think

You've all be very informative and helpful

Thanks,

Justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good so far when you tint the tails use pactra 294 and then clear coat it:D I say lift it!!!!!

looks good so far

What's the difference between Pactra and the VHT Nightshade stuff??

I think Pactra sticks and coats better wich in turns looks better imo

i say lower it and buy my rims! check my sig!

Thanks, I'm thinking I'm going to lift it for now anyway, because i have to wait for my tires to wear out, i only have 5000miles on them, and I'm gonna have to wait at least 40k, so I'm probably going to do TT/Shackles in time.

I went home this weekend and worked on the ex, i don't have pictures because i forgot my camera here, so I'll have to get them over thanks giving, but i painted the grill flat black, ghosted the emblem, and bed lined the step plates on the inside of the truck. I'm quite happy.

HIDs at night(looking at ex)
HIDsNight1.jpg

From Inside Low
HIDsNight2.jpg

From Inside High
HIDsNight3.jpg

I'll be able to take better pictures next time when i bring my camera home, and I'll make sure i take pictures of the grill, emblem, and step plates

Thanks,
Justin

97sprt4x4, do the TT/Shackle lift then do a BL add some 33" tires and you will be 'one of us'....lol

That very well may be the end case down the road. However.. right now i'm trying to save up some money cus i have a real bug for speed.. :D i had an 87 GT mustang with FLows, advanced timing, headers and a couple of other goodies.. hit 160 on a back stretch.. that bug has always been in my system, grew up around muscle cars and i have always wanted one. then i put mine into a bridge on ice, and my parents made me sell it, so i'm trying to save up for another one, so far, i have about 600, that's saving almost all my checks from when i come home once a month.

I'm torn between the ex, and the mustang... damn college, no job.. :mad:

But I will be lifting it with the shackles, i'm going to try to ignore the bug.. :rolleyes: but i've a feeling i'm going to epically fail.. Lol

thank you Premier i try....

well 97....you can't ignore the bug, your X wants to be bigger and wants it NOW!....lol

as far as your speed problem goes you can make X's pretty damn fast...put a SC system on it, at maybe 9-12 psi of boost you will have a beast!

thank you Premier i try....

well 97....you can't ignore the bug, your X wants to be bigger and wants it NOW!....lol

as far as your speed problem goes you can make X's pretty damn fast...put a SC system on it, at maybe 9-12 psi of boost you will have a beast!

well, i can understand the need to be bigger, i'm talking with JT right now about blue shackles :D, but as far as speed...

fast + tall = bad:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::nono: No roll overs for me. i'm getting a car to go fast:D

how bad is the glare with the HID's? The Explorer looks great man, keep it up, oh and I say LIFT!!

how bad is the glare with the HID's? The Explorer looks great man, keep it up, oh and I say LIFT!!

What do you mean by glare? everything is just illuminated better than with hallogens, if you have anything higher than 6k all the signs are tinged with your color, below 4k same thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back