JVC KWAVX800 In dash DVD. Will it fit the Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JVC KWAVX800 In dash DVD. Will it fit the Explorer?

rob17san

Reaction score
City, State
DENVER CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fit guide says no...

Circuit City says no fit... call the local store (if they are still in business) and ask... sometimes the fit guide is based on general information, or City can make it fit :D

Get a Dremel, a Scosche or Metra install kit, and the correct harness for your ride, and you can have this in and working within two hours.

Awesome. Thanks Guys. I have the woodgrain type dash so that black one wont work out. I wonder if a shop can hook up my steering wheel controls to work the volume and radio stations scan. That would seal the deal! I hate having worthless buttons.

ARe you sure? Its a 7" screen. Some are 6.1" that also say that dont fit. I really want to know for sure. Thats a pricey purchase for a maybe.

The size you have to worry about isn't the screen size, but the opening size. The one you are looking at is double din (about 4 inches tall) which will fit, but only if you trim. Without trimming it won't fit.

steering wheel controls adapter is available from soundgate.com

Scucci

1.5 din is the same as a double din?

no. but they make double din kits for the ranger that fit with only minor modification. i put a pioneer d3 in my truck. ford's are really more like 1.75 din.

just being sarcastic...

just having fun with an earlier post there... thanks though! :)

Back