KC Daylighters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC Daylighters

I found a set of KC Daylighers (stainless) for $120 on wrenchead.com.......

Good price?

These are 150 watts each....is that adequate for offroad? I had a couple of large sqare KCs a long time ago and they were very bright......cant remeber the watage though.......

Does anyone have these lights? I really wanna light up the trail/beach I'll be driving on ............

Thanks in advance!

i'm no expert but it sounds like those will be pretty bright...arent the stock headlamps only 55 watt?...i think so...anyway, i have a 500,000 candlepower spotlight that has only a 55 watt bulb in it so i think 150 watt will be pretty bright :D

KC's 150 watters are the brightest they make... somewhere around 350,000 candlepower if I remember right. I have a buddy on the F-150 board two towns over, who has a total of 10 KC lights on his F-150. Needless to say we both think we're the brightest, I'm driving to Texas in a few months to prove him wrong though :). Seriously though, its not so much the wattage that makes the light... I've seen 85 watt lights that are brighter then 120 watt lights and vise versa... it also depends on the design of the light, the type of wiring/relays used, etc. I don't think that's a terribly bad price on the KC's by the way.

. Needless to say we both think we're the brightest, I'm driving to Texas in a few months to prove him wrong though

LOL....who are you Matt, Chris Benoit..lol....prove me wrong.

If you don't watch wrestling, then you want get the joke. Wrestler Chris Benoits saying is "Prove me Wrong".

I know this is a old topic, but I am checking on all the topics that have to do with KC lights;)

Originally posted by Mr. Daylighter
. Needless to say we both think we're the brightest, I'm driving to Texas in a few months to prove him wrong though

LOL....who are you Matt, Chris Benoit..lol....prove me wrong.

If you don't watch wrestling, then you want get the joke. Wrestler Chris Benoits saying is "Prove me Wrong".

I know this is a old topic, but I am checking on all the topics that have to do with KC lights;)

Thanks for explaining Chris Benoit, I'm not much of a wrestling fan :). Darn right this is an old topic! LOL

Back