• Register Today It's free!

Kenwood headunit...eq settings

skoal_mint

Reaction score
City, State
Geraldton ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport 4.0
Does anyone know how to change the eq setting on a kenwood hu without the remote?

I can change the presets but those are crappy..I dont really know why type of HU it is but hears a picture.

I gave in lastnight and bought 2 mtx subs in box

well here a photo of the hu, maybe someone knows how to set the eq without remote....idk if you can tell which type this is by the photo tho

9802f997.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

eq is not needed for good installs. Listen to it with the eq on flat for a few days and you'll learn to appreciate the sound.

I used to boost the bass and treble...then after doing some research flat sounds good now...mainly dependent on the install. Dampening material is good...makes a HUGE difference.

I usually hav eto cut my treble around 5khz a bit, simply because my ears are super sensitive in that range. Beyond that, you'd like to use as little processing as possible.

Very good advice gentlemen....

I have a older amp that doesnt have the remote to control the input settings, when I switch from cd to radio for sirius and bass is always off, so I wanted to adjust the bass on my deck instead of pulling over and adjusting the amp.

I thnk i;ll just check ebay for a used remote

I have a deck very similar to the one in your picture. The only way I have changed the EQ is by pushing in the volume nob(the big one) and adjusting the settings there. I have two JL Audio subs in my truck, and I usually just leave it flat, unless i'm listening to something with little to no bass, then I turn it up.

Thats a clean spitter also, lol.

In my owner guide it says to push the vol button, but im not sure if mines a botton, i'll give it another try.

IMG_6502.jpg

Back