Key Pad Problems

Creepin

Reaction score
City, State
Lewisville/Waco
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 AWD XLT V8
Hey Guys.

I just purchased a 2000 XLT Fully Loaded with the 5.0 I have 2 questions, how do i figure out the code for the outside keypad? and i just bought a keyless entry remote, is there a way to program both by myself without paying ford an arm and a leg?

-Paul

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off, welcome to the site..
The keypad code can be found in the drivers rear compartment where the jack is located.. Its on a gray box in the compartment closer to the 2nd row seat compared to the hatch. You can program up to 4 remotes. Hopefully you bought the correct remotes.. To program it, cycle iginition from off to run 5 times within 10 sec, ending in run, all doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode, press any button on the 1st remote transmitter. door locks will cycle(lock then unlock) to confirm programming. to program additional remotes - press any button on the next remote(upto 4 total possible) locks will cycle again. turn iginition off. locks will again cycle to indicate the end of the programming mode.

hey thanks for the info man it worked, but i was curious is there a way to roll down the windows as well?

I think you have to cycle the locks more than 5 times on a 98-01.. I know 95-97 is only 5 times.. The stock alarms can't roll down your windows for you but you can probably get an aftermarket alarm that has the ability.

the guy off ebay told me 8. and when you say from OFF to RUN does that mean actually start the truck?

No, you do not end by starting the vehicle. Just turn the key from off-to-on(not start) 8 times. I believe that the door locks will cycle on the final time, leave the key in the on position - then press a button on each remote that you wish to work on your vehicle. Good luck.

programming a 95/96/97

cycle iginition from off to run 5 times within 10 sec, ending in run, all doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode, press any button on the 1st remote transmitter. door locks will cycle(lock then unlock) to confirm programming. to program additional remotes - press any button on the next remote(upto 4 total possible) locks will cycle again. turn iginition off. locks will again cycle to indicate the end of the programming mode.

programming a 98/99/00/01

same as above - but cycle iginition off to run 8 times within 10 second

Okay, once you find the code for the door pad in the rear....how do you set it back to baseline and program in your own new code? Also a new member and thanks for the welcome.

Back