keyless entry HELP plz | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry HELP plz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem
good luck on your installation...

ok i got the RAP in the mail......its small then i thought (5" wide,1.5" thick,4" tall) there is a round hole right by the plugs....it looks like an antenna plug or somethin...what is that for?

you should be okay...it should still work...the hole is for an antenna...but the remote should still unlock/ lock it...mine didnt have the hole...it just lets ya open the door or lock it further away...

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how much a new remote for a 94 XLT costs?? One of mine got toasted in water, and the other has some damage to the lil board.

I can unlock the truck with it, but it wont start.

what do you mean it wont start???....do you have a remote start???
if it is a remote start, it depends on the company...but on average, it will cost between $40-50...you can check it on your remote start owner's manual...
if it is just an aftermarket keyless entry, still...on average, it will cost between $40-50...
and if it is a factory keyless entry...on ebay, you can get one under $20 with the programming...

The remote starter came with the truck, built in from the factory. It has two buttons, lock and start. I dont know why but when i press (well jump it since the button is worn out) the one to start it, i just hear a clunk in the truck for a second were all the lights blink on then off.

hmmm...i never knew that there was a factory remote start...alls i can say is that...dry out the remote...take it apart and clean up the corrosion the water has done to it...cuz it is probaly corroded between the connections on the circuit board...so try that, if that doesnt work, i guess you got to get one from the dealer which i think they will charge about $150...those punks

FORD DEALERS :shoot:

just for the record

keyless entry and remote start = $1000
remote1= lost, got soaked
remote2= damaged

Damn Ford, money grabbers, even use security star screws on their maf sensors, pfftt, more money to everyone else

okay...i got it...for the drivers door unlock relay....

get a factory ford relay...one of the small relays with 5 pins...now put it in the relay box in the jack compartment and make sure you have the pins for them...all 5 pins will be used...remember now, the size of the wire will be very important...use the same size as the the other wires coming off of the unlock relay...(black/white & pink/orange wires) or you fry the wires if you use small wires...

now take the light green wire coming off the RAP module pin 1....connect it to pin 2 on the relay you put in.
for 4 doors:
connect pin 1 and pin 5 to pin 87 (black/ white wire) off of the unlock relay.
then connect pin 4 to pin 30 (pink/ orange wire) off of the unlock relay.

BOTH 2 & 4 DOORS: now the hard part....run your wire off of pin 3 to the driver's door...and find a red/orange wire underneathe the floor trim by kick panel...if not there, then ford didnt run that wire...your other option will be to run the wire off of pin 3 to the driver's door...disconnect that connector in the door jam and on the male side pin 34, there should be a pink/ orange wire coming out, splice your wire into it...or check the female side if there is a red/orange wire coming off of pin 34...
that should work...i havent done it yet...but i did research this further in for the unlock driver's door on the remote so you dont have to push the button twice to unlock it...

now for 2 doors...
connect pin 1 and pin 5 to pin 1 (86 if it is a big relay) (black/ white wire) off of the unlock relay...
then connect pin 4 to pin 3 (30 if it is a big relay) (pink/ orange wire)...off of the unlock relay...
for pin 3....see above descriptions...for 4 doors...

And there you have it...if you want to wait until i do it, and make sure that this is right...that is fine, or you can go ahead and give it a shot...

I think you could...im not really sure about the size though, on the Explorers...they use the small relays, i dont think the big relay will hurt...you just got to make sure it has 5 pins and not 4

Back