need keyless entry help on a 1994 QUICK !! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need keyless entry help on a 1994 QUICK !!

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94xlt
hey guys im installing an aftermarket keyless entry remote start on my 1994 xlt. How can I tell if my truck has factory keyless entry? I didnt recieve any remotes with the truck when I bought it . Also has anyone ever installed keyless entry themselves on the first gen explorers? the instructions say its a reverse polarity system so I am kinda lost as to how to hook up the relay it came with. I know I have 2 wires in the truck to hook up to but the relay has 5 wires coming out of it thanks for all the help guys !!

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

call ford with your vin to find out if it has the keyless entry system

alright I will do that tomorrow , I also heard on the drivers side panel in the back there should be a module deal back there if I have keyless entry anyone ever heard of this or have a picture?

You have keyless entry if you have the keypad on the driver's door.

since I dont have keyless entry does anyone know what type of system the explorers use for their door locks I am told there are many different systems so I have to find the exact one so I dont fry my aftermarket keyless entry module thanks for the help guys sorry If im getting annoying Im not used to all this wiring and relays.

Mike

Back