• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry

Laddy

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport
My explorer didnt have keyless entry when I get it. Can I just go to a ford dealership and will they install keyless entry for it? Also how much will it cost. A place here will do $90 installed for keyless entry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure you don't have it? Does your X have power locks?

If it has power locks i'd go with a aftermarket alarm/keylless system. Not a dealer installed system.

The add-on keyless entry keypads are selling on ebay for around $85.00.

No I just want the thing you press to lock it. My explorer has power locks. I wonder if they could just sell me the keychain thing you press. I know those sell on ebay for like $5..

Before getting yourself a remote, put you key in the ignition with all the doors and liftgate glass closed, then turn the key from off to on without starting the engine 8 times and ends at on. If your doors lock then unlock, go to Ebay and get one that has 3 buttons. The buttons should have an icon of Lock, Unlock, and Panic on each button. Don't get the ones with the words on it like "LOCK", "UNLOCK", or "PANIC". Good luck.

Back