Keyless entry? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry?

Plumbob

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer
Recently got my 2015 base and really like it, getting ready to take it on a 3000 mile round trip. While looking at the owners manual, I have the card with the keyless entry code, however I can't find the buttons. I don't think I have it, window sticker doesn't list it, and I've swiped all around the drivers window like I saw on a video on YouTube.

Would I have a code even if I didn't have keyless?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes you would. Every BCM is programmed with a code and the card comes with the BCM regardless whether it has the keypad or not.

Recently got my 2015 base and really like it, getting ready to take it on a 3000 mile round trip. While looking at the owners manual, I have the card with the keyless entry code, however I can't find the buttons. I don't think I have it, window sticker doesn't list it, and I've swiped all around the drivers window like I saw on a video on YouTube.

Would I have a code even if I didn't have keyless?
It is known as the Securicode and is covered on page 82 of your 2015 Owner's Guide. Note also that it states, "if equipped".

Peter

I know the 2014 Base didn't have the key pad entry. That's why I went with the XLT even though the base had the size tires I wanted. To me, this feature should be standard on every model, as should a back-up camera.

I know the 2014 Base didn't have the key pad entry. That's why I went with the XLT even though the base had the size tires I wanted. To me, this feature should be standard on every model, as should a back-up camera.

All that will do is raise the base price of the vehicle, which Ford clearly has no interest in doing. Many others including me, would disagree with your assessment.......

I had this Securicode keypad on my previous Limited and also on my current vehicle. Given that both came with the IA fob, I never used the keypad to lock or unlock the vehicles nor did I ever have occasion to use it to lock the key fob in the vehicle. I guess whether it is used regularly, if at all, would depend upon each owner's personal situation.

Peter

Back