• Register Today It's free!

Keyless number pad help.

KSE_rules

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Limited v8, 4x4 Gold
So I bought my truck about a month ago. It's a 2007 Limited. In the booklet from Ford with the manual and whatnot it has a card with the number for keyless entry for the factory code. Problem is it never works. At first I thought I was just remembering it wrong but then I took the card out and tried it and it still didn't work. When I press the 7&9 buttons the truck will lock though. Do maybe one of the other numbers doesn't work? Is there a way to test that? Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I had tried to take pictures but I think I was taking it in the wrong spot because I couldn't see anything. I might try the mirror trick and if that doesn't work I guess I will try the code list. I'm just surprised that there is the card from the factory in the manual but it doesn't work. Weird.

You are able to program in alternate codes but the factory code will always work. You just need to verify what is on the card. See my comments on your double post.

Ok finally went out to the truck with a mirror. Got the code which was definitely not the one on the card that was in the manual.
So I just programmed the code to match the one from my last truck to save me the headache of remembering a new one.

Ok finally went out to the truck with a mirror. Got the code which was definitely not the one on the card that was in the manual.
So I just programmed the code to match the one from my last truck to save me the headache of remembering a new one.

I'd have never found mine if it hadn't been for this forum. Isn't the information age cool? Actually I wish we needed it less. Things have gotten way too complex and expensive.

Glad you found it!

I'd have never found mine if it hadn't been for this forum. Isn't the information age cool? Actually I wish we needed it less. Things have gotten way too complex and expensive.

Glad you found it!

Yeah it definitely made it a lot easier and cheaper. Well more complexity usually is more comfort and that's what most people want. Most don't care about all the small details and stuff like we do.

Yeah it definitely made it a lot easier and cheaper. Well more complexity usually is more comfort and that's what most people want. Most don't care about all the small details and stuff like we do.

Yeah, I suspect that most people just run them into the ground and then pawn them off on suckers like us? :D Then they turn around and drop the big bucks on another one.

Back