Keyless Remote Programming

globetraveler

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburg, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
Hello All,
I am sure this question has been asked repeatedly, but I cannot locate it. I bought a used 2004 Explorer limited and the remote was dead. I bought a new battery and went through the motions of reprogramming it but nothings happens. I turned it eight time, lock/unlock, when i get to push a button on the remote nada. This is the information on the back of the remote:
2L2T-15K601-BA
FCC ID: CWTWB1U331
CAN: 1788 104 575

Have I missed a step? Does this remote even work for this model? Help would be appreciated.

Even though the book indicates a lock/unlock cycle I had to turn my '05 from lock all the way to on and repeat 8 times.

Parking brake has to be set, turn key on and off quickly until the doors lock/unlock, as soon as they do leave it in the "on" position, press a button on the remote, doors should lock/unlock, turn key to off. Worked for my 2002 XLT when I purchased a new remote from Amazon.

Tim

If you have another ford remote try the other one. Sounds like the one you are attempting to program is toast. Also, unlikely but worth a shot, try going to another location to program the remote. Sometimes there is enough RFI in the area that will render a key fob useless. I had this happen at a store that had a 2 way radio tower and cell site near by. My fob would not work there at all. If I drove up the street to the dunkins it worked fine there.

Back