KKM Performance Intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KKM Performance Intake

Reaction score
City, State
marlton, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
i was just wondering what kind of gains i could expect from my KKM intake? what else could i do to improve hp and gas milage?:redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by green sand boy
i was just wondering what kind of gains i could expect from my KKM intake? what else could i do to improve hp and gas milage?:redexp:

You should feel some gain in both performance as well as mileage with the addition of the KKM. However, for it to really "work:, you should have a custom cat back exhaust made for your truck.

In reguards to mileage, take a look at Dead Link Removed

about how much would a custom cat back run me, im stilll in school, and i'm low on cash
:redexp:

anywhere from 250-350 depending on local shops. make sure you get it welded together though. don't worry bout the intake in my opinion. my biggest gains came from cat back exhaust and the chip!

Originally posted by green sand boy
about how much would a custom cat back run me, im stilll in school, and i'm low on cash
:redexp:

Mine was $200.

is the flowmaster force II kit any good?

depends....what kind of sound are you looking for? do you mind resonance inside the cab?

nope, if i did, i wouldn't have built up my stereo

Forget "kits', pick the muffler YOU want and have your local muffler shop make the custom piping.

Good luck.....

well in that case get a flowmaster 40 single in dual out exhaust or you could even get dual flowmaster 40's. that is a two chamber muffler with least amount of restriction.

for the single in dual out muffler i think it's a 2.5" pipe coming into the muffler and dual 2.25" pipes coming out for optimal performance.

do you want dual tips or just one?

dual would be best, but i dont know if i can afford it

well for dual tips most likely you'll have to remove the spare and put it in the cargo bay. or at least that's what happened to me. but i have dual stainless 3" tips on mine...looks and sounds great. cost me about 320

could you possibly post a pic of what that would look like, it sounds involved

not really. it should take the shop about an hour to do. they'll just remove your old exhaust system at the catalytic converter and run new pipe to the new muffler then pipe back from the new muffler to the rear of the vehicle. sorry i don't have any pics but i have a link to what my exhaust sounds like.

Dead Link Removed

you'll have to cut and paste the link to hear it. tell me what ya think

that sounds great!!!
i just wish tht i had the money right now and i would do it

well i don't know if you have a job or not...but fi you do just save up. it's worth it. by doing all the mods listed below in my sig i went from around 290-300 miles per tank around town to about 330-340. and power difference will impress you. make it a priority and you'll be surprised how fast that money will mount up!

yeah i do have a job, but a new girlfriend and a tranny rebuild have drained my resources even with my job

Back