Cold Air Intake? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air Intake?

Raxxor

Reaction score
Has anyone done this to there ford explorer? What kind did you get? Where can I get best price? Any noticeable HP or MPG? Thanks I got a 2002 ford explorer 4.0. I see people talking about this KKM Intake which is only $90. How is this product? Would i gain anything by getting the K&N cold air intake for $230? Im trying to accomplish more HP but more importantly MPG.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...use the search button as this has been documented several times on here...without your yr/model/location on your signature, you won't get many replies....but remember, the search button is our friend...:D

+1. Use the search button.

I use a K&N air filter in the stock box and a DIY CAI Ver. 3.0 Got 5% increase in MPG

I would also recommend the TPS and throttle cable mods. :D

Just use the search feature!

:salute:

I have the K & N FIPK II. I do get better throttle response when punching it. So far so good.

For the parts you get and the money you pay, the KKM is not worth it.

i got the ebay version of the kkm (maf adapter and "high flow air filter") i notices a sound difference and a little better kick all for $25 later on i might get the good amsoil filter

Back