Kris Guilbeaux' 1992 Explorer XLT project is Home | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kris Guilbeaux' 1992 Explorer XLT project is Home

Here is a picture of us loading the monster on the trailer to get here home to Victoria Tx where the 2wd will under go a complete rebuild. I will keep every one posted as the project comes about. The plans might change since the truck needs a lot of work. I would also like to Thank Michael and Randall for all there help getting the Truck to its new home.

Here are the Plans for the Explorer:

T-case: BW 13-54 manual t-case
Front:
Dana 35
extended Radius arms.
Skyjacker Lift
1" body lift to clear future Atlas 2
5.13 gears
ez-locker.
I am also looking into stronger axle shafts.
Warn manual hubs
Rear: 8.8 5.13 gears with powertrax locker from Navajo
rear disc brakes

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jerks. Figures. Thanks Kris. I'll have to call them again when I put the 35"s on to see how my gears go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

off topic but NOTAJP that is the coolest sticker I have ever seen, I have got to get one made for my X this town is FULL of lowriders!!!

Thanks offroader! I like to play (wife calls it torment). Here's the lady's info if you'd like to order one. It a metal license plate with graphics.

Sue Buchanan
sbuchanan5024@attbi.com
Description:
White License Plate with Black vinyl decal lettering --- WARNING THIS EXPLORER DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH LOWRIDERS !!!

They accept paypal: sbuchanan5024@attbi.com

Price: $9.99 including shipping.

Sorry Kris. I should make a thread for this.

I am Now Building a Dana 44 for my Explorer

97dana44-med.jpg

97axlehousing.jpg

I hear ya!:thumbsup:

When does the project start?

I have already started building the Axle with my Explorer in mind. So I am in the Parts buying process. I wont do the swap till after the May Tellico run.

Back