L4CX To do list...er...Registry. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

L4CX To do list...er...Registry.

OK, I've been around for a little while and Decided it's time to get my ideas together in one easy to find thread. I hopefully will join "the Elite" Pretty soon. This will just make it eaiser to get my Stuff together.

So, my name Is Scott. I live in Michigan. I'm not too into wheeling yet, but I hope to get into it once My truck grows a bit. My Trucks name, for now, is L4CX. It stands for Lifted 4 Christ eXplorer. When I finally lift it, it will become Jolly Green Giant. I'm pretty sure someone else has this name so just yell at me if you do. I'll Change it. L4C is a truck club that a few of us have come up with around here. Enough about me though, It's time to Look at the truck. For now, most will be "I want to do this..." Instead of "I've done this...." Here's A picture.

PICT0361.jpg

It's a 1996 Ford Explorer XLT. Has about 162,000 Ish miles. I got it from my Dad for a wedding present last spring. ( Got married August 11th) It was his and he saw that I wanted a Jeep. He doesn't like Jeeps, so He baught a new explorer (2002 Xlt V6) and gave me his old one. I must say I was not happy at first because I wanted a Jeep so badly, but you guys have Turned me into an Explorer Guy. I think it's for the better. :D Jeeps Guys are Too ****y. (No, Offense to any Jeepers)

PICT0360.jpg

FrontL4CX.jpg

Exterior Mods

- Cb Antenna Mount Pic here
- Custom Vinyl Decals
- Off Road lights/another set of "fog" Lights Thread here
-LED Clearance lights
Things To Do....
- Get My Brush Guard Installed Brush GuardBrush Guard Mount
- Create My Motor Controlled Lights Thread Here
- Put these in the Front MCL's Pics Here
- Put these in the Rack mount MCL's and in Stock Fog light Spot. Pic Here
- Coleman Roof Rack to put ^^ on. Pics Here
- 2 Orange Becons to put on ^^Here
- Strobes in the Head lights/Tail Lights Something with These
- Remove running boards and fix rusty rockers.
- Paint ^^ with Rhino Lining.

Interior Mods
- Removable Transmission Temperature Gauge (Done, Just need Pics)
- Mount the CB on bottom of the Arm Rest Paraphoe's Write up (Need to get pics)
Things To Do.....
- E-Track the Storage area "how To here" Thanks Stic-0!
- Rip out a Power Distro box from a junk explorer and make an Aux power box
- Install Contura Light Switches for all "the Goodies". About 6 or 7 up top and Then 3 or 4 in the Ashtray.
- Get a GPS Unit
- Mount Controls for MCL's.
- Mount some Grab Handles

Liftification(To Do....)

Phase 1
- TT/Shackles
-2 or 3 in Body Lift (verdict still out on that)
- Some kind of Tire.....31/32ish Range

Phase 2
- SAS. Depending on how deep I go (in the Off road world) Either a D44 or D30.
- Leaf Sprung
- High Steer
- Keep 8.8 and do A SOA

- Bigger tires.

Phase 3
- Jet propelled Hovering Platform. (By the Time I get this far I'll be about 70 :p)

Engine

-"Venom" Intake Guard/Intake Paint Thread here
- Snorkle
- Finish Hydrogen Generator and Test. (figured it wouldn't really be worth it)
- Make it look sweet.
- Slap in a Diesel (long way down the road)
- Convert Said Diesel to BioDiesel

That's about it. Being just married I have very little money. So, I'll do what I can, Little bit by little bit. This site has been Invaluble to me. Unfortunatly, It has also Showed me too many things I can do to My Explorer! Thank you guys. I hope to get pictures up as I mod Her out

Updated 4-12-09

This is what She looks like At the moment.

PICT0052-1.jpg

I like that cb mount! Also, the jet propelled hovering platform I'm sure will make it super capable! It just wouldn't flex so well;)

2nd gen interiors look so much better

The dash and seats are perfect! That's a serious to-do list... So the plan is make this one an o/r vehicle?

Back