lane keeping assist turn on when car starts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lane keeping assist turn on when car starts

I know this thread is old, but I too would like a clear answer to this. My 14 manual on page 252 indicates that it should persist across starts, and mine does not. I previously owned a 2014 Fusion Titanium, and that had Lane Assist that did persist when the car was turned off and on.

Using MyKey is not an option, there are many times when I want to manually turn the Lane Assist off, such as when there is road construction.

Hi ford_ever,

Have you contacted your service manager? If your vehicle is behaving in a way that differs from the Owner's Manual, I'd suggest a visit to the dealership as a next step. Let us know what you find out! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hello I have a 2014 ex with the lane keeping assist camera and every time I turn on the car I have to push the button the turn the system on. Is their anyway make the system turn on every time when the car turns on?
Don't know on 2014, but on 2020, if you set it on nav screen settings in driver assists, then it will work by pushing button on end of turn signal stalk. Once it is on, it will remain on by default and will work anytime to exceed 45mph.

Don't know on 2014, but on 2020, if you set it on nav screen settings in driver assists, then it will work by pushing button on end of turn signal stalk. Once it is on, it will remain on by default and will work anytime to exceed 45mph.
Just FYI, the member you responded to hasn't been seen here since November 7, 2017. ;)

Peter

Back