Late Fall Tellico Run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Fall Tellico Run

I might be able to make it down. I'll be full width by then. Regearing my axles tomorrow and i'll be starting my swap soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If we can get a hard date set soon i'll contact the offroad mag and let them know we are going maybe get a little press coverage for the cause.

I really wanna go to URE. It's only about 45 min from my house and I've never been there! :eek: I'll try Tellico as long as you guys done mind a stocker trying to make it around and pull me out when I'm stuck! :roll:

well as long as i am not in a situation with school ill be there i might bring a friend if that is ok and as long as he has his done in time

zhanx said:
Gerald you want to lead this run? Choose a good date (after Nov 22 please if a reason is needed i'm pm ya as to why) and soon good trails to make this run fun for everyone?

Like I stated in my first post, I just got a job that puts me on stanby and I can be called for deployment at any time. And it's on 24-48 hr notice. So I can't really commit to leading this in good conscience since I may have to cancel at the last minute. Josh, Jason, Caleb, and others have made several trips there now and all of them know the non-extreme trails very well. At Tellico, a near-stock vehicle will be limited to trails 1 (just a graded road), 3, 4, 5 (usually), 6, and 8. All of us have been on these trails several times with the possible exception of 3 (I cannot remember who else has ran that trail, but it's easy like 8).

I think many of us are really curious to see how well a stocker would do. However I'd think anyone with a stocker had better figure out how to put at least 31" ATs or MTs on it and make sure they have skidplates and if possible put some sort of rockslider protection on. We could lead a stocker up 4, go around 8, and down 6 and that would probably take all day long and be a fun run.

One problem however would be that Tellico trails are narrow and in many places there's not a go-around to pass stuck vehicles. Combine that with the fact that Tellico can get a LOT harder when it's wet and the possibility exists that a stock vehicle could take a lot of strapping and babysitting if it's muddy. Now put our group with that stocker on the wet trail while we're blocking a group of a dozen or more armed & drunk rednecks in beatup 4x4s and I'd be a little hesitant to spend too long stopping and strapping the stocker all day long. If we can get some stockers to go with us, I'd like to suggest that we schedule a run over two weekends and keep them both open.... that way if the first weekend rains, we'd be able to cancel and plan for the next weekend in the hope of hitting it dry the next weekend. Just a thought.

GJarrett said:
Like I stated in my first post, I just got a job that puts me on stanby and I can be called for deployment at any time. And it's on 24-48 hr notice. So I can't really commit to leading this in good conscience since I may have to cancel at the last minute. Josh, Jason, Caleb, and others have made several trips there now and all of them know the non-extreme trails very well. At Tellico, a near-stock vehicle will be limited to trails 1 (just a graded road), 3, 4, 5 (usually), 6, and 8. All of us have been on these trails several times with the possible exception of 3 (I cannot remember who else has ran that trail, but it's easy like 8).

I think many of us are really curious to see how well a stocker would do. However I'd think anyone with a stocker had better figure out how to put at least 31" ATs or MTs on it and make sure they have skidplates and if possible put some sort of rockslider protection on. We could lead a stocker up 4, go around 8, and down 6 and that would probably take all day long and be a fun run.

One problem however would be that Tellico trails are narrow and in many places there's not a go-around to pass stuck vehicles. Combine that with the fact that Tellico can get a LOT harder when it's wet and the possibility exists that a stock vehicle could take a lot of strapping and babysitting if it's muddy. Now put our group with that stocker on the wet trail while we're blocking a group of a dozen or more armed & drunk rednecks in beatup 4x4s and I'd be a little hesitant to spend too long stopping and strapping the stocker all day long. If we can get some stockers to go with us, I'd like to suggest that we schedule a run over two weekends and keep them both open.... that way if the first weekend rains, we'd be able to cancel and plan for the next weekend in the hope of hitting it dry the next weekend. Just a thought.
What? I'm up for going and wheeling. I see what you saying about getting stuck and holding up the line. I'm gonna look into some add ons to make the truck better. We will see over the next couple of weeks how thinks work out.

bump. :)

Well Guys, I might be able to go, But my truck more than likely will be just the same then as now. :thumbdwn: My wife has the gallbladder disease :( and is out of work. She's a nurse and makes good money, so you see why it affects my family. However she should be back to work about mid august. :thumbsup: So maybe I'll be able to get me at least a front locker, or some sliders. :cool:

Back