• Register Today It's free!

LCD TV question

Buckeye26T

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Sport
whats up I have a 96 XLT i just bought...obviously it does not have navigation or anything but i was thinking about getting it...i like the stock look of cars with lcd screens so i was wondering if it would be possible to take out the stock radio and put in a lcd head unit that is also a reciever that fits flush with the dash not one of the pop out screens....has anyone ever heard of this or done this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have just the thing for you...

Attachments

• marvincenter4.jpg
    marvincenter4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 394

or if your realy serious=:D

Attachments

• 99screenshot.jpg
    99screenshot.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 397

Expo: thats cool as hell... lol what exactly is it though? Navigation, DVD, etc? i like :D

hmmm, can you run a GPS on that??

that pictuer didn't show what it iwas

Attachments

• hidgirlbike50.jpg
    hidgirlbike50.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 382

thats hooked up to a dvd player in that car, a pioneer dvd/cd player with a 7" screen. so that explorer has two screens up front. anythign with a video output will work with it.

the 2nd one as you know is my truck, and it also has two screens up front. the big 11" and a 4" for back up view.

here's where teh 2nd screen/player is in the first truck

Attachments

• marvincenter.jpg
    marvincenter.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 377

Do you ever get harrased by the cops with that there?

if the cops see me watching the 11" in my truck i'm sure they will harass me, but most of the time they have better things to do and i'm pretty careful and have dark tint

What size screen is that in the dash...not the 11 the smaller one. i want to put one of those touch screens going around ebay in mine.

6.4" maybe its a 7" the outside dimensions are what matter most obviously

So was it hard to make the stock radio spot fit the screen. I bet a shop would charge an arm and a leg to do it. If you have any more pics that would be great. Has anyone else put a screen there before? just wondering .....thanks

if your really interested i can get a few more pictures. it isn't really that hard to make it fit. that particular screen is just about the perfect size. It might be very tough with a different screen.

i'm sure though a shop would charge quite a bit too much.

I would love some more pics and maybe if you feel up to it a "how to". This would help alot of people out I am sure. It just seems like the best place to put either a lcd or a Touchscreen. Anyway i would love to see more pics. Thanks

hey, soon i'll have pics of yet another location. i went out and started work on putting Draft's head unit in his center console and couldn't keep myself from doing some work on my own truck while i had the dremel and fiberglass out.

so i decided i'd throw the 4" screen i got with my back-up camera up in my overhead console. it fits beautifully! you could probably fit a 6.5" widescreen up there if you wanted too...

i'll be using it for the back-up camera obviously, but also as the "display" for my head unit. my clarion unit is just a reader with no display at all so unless i have one of my screens turned on i can't tell which track i'm on etc. so i'll be using this little screen to help with that situation as well.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the back up camera?

not sure on the brand, but maybe its a tview. its from one of the distribution groups i can get junk from. I think it cost around $60

I have been thinking about installing a camera, but I can't decide where to put it in the back.

Sounds great i would love to see more pics. even if they are of the 7' screen in the console. all the pics i have seen have been with the bezel out of the truck. would be nice to see pics of finished insall.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'll try to get some more pics up on my computer soon.

Back