leaking anti freeze - FIXED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

leaking anti freeze - FIXED

Tedshuey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer sport
Large amount of Antifreeze leaking from the passenger side in front of the fire wall. I have read the posts and I am thinking heater core or lower intake manifold. It is my 16 year old sons truck and he said he saw mist and smelled antifreeze coming from the heater vents just before he got home and discovered the leak. I took a quick look but can't determine the source. Any thoughts on determining the source of the leak?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The mist points to heater core, however I would expect the water to be in the passenger side floor. That's what I've heard of before. The heater core is above the passengers feet. See that bump? That's it.

Heater core hoses are what's right outside the firewall there... maybe a hose came loose or is busted?

Someone who's had their's out might have some more insite into the heater core. I wouldn't think the lower intake would cause the water where you say it's coming from.

Hopefully it's the heater control valve, I had one busted and Autozone sell them for 18.99. I've always carry a spare one since.

thanks for the help...it was the heater core. Picked up a new one for 29.99 and had it installed in about 30 minutes(hoses had to be cut). The thread on heater core replacements helped a ton.

Back