• Register Today It's free!

leaking antifreez?

Highlifted

Reaction score
City, State
Eastfreedom Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Mazda Navajo XLT
just replaced my thermostate in my navajo, and now my thermostat housing is leaking pretty good, i put a new o ring gasket in and tighted the bolts pretty good... any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Other than to remove it and figure out why it is leaking, that's it.

its possible that on of the bolts could have broken after you tightened them causing it to leak

Is the Gen I spec'd with RTV on both sides of the gasket? The gen II is, I know some people don't use it, but, maybe...

Hope not, I didn't use any on mine. Doesn't leak yet.

alright i guess ill just have to play around with it tm

as hard as that darn thing is to get to in the first place it might have ****ed to one side a little bit prior to tightening the bolts down so its not seated right and causing your leak

yea i think thts what it was, the gasket wouldnt stay in place i had it out 3 times then i seen the o ring had a little ring inside of it just big enough for the thermostat i no this prob isnt right but after i couldnt get the gasket to stay put i threw the thermostat inside of the o-ring then both o ring and gasket went right in place and still no leak so im just glad its done leaking!

Thermostat is suppose to go inside of the o-ring.

ok cool i didnt know that this was the first time i changed it

Back