• Register Today It's free!

Leaking problem

Jack Norwood

Reaction score
City, State
Palatka,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Does anyone have this problem? My l993 explorer has had 2 new rear seals installed and also valve cover gaskets. STILL LEAKING. Is there any where else that it could be leaking. The lower intake was replaced and the gasket is dry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oil filter? sometimes when you change the filter the old o ring will stick to the block

something else to think about ...may or may not be the case but the "cam shaft postion sensor " is something also on the back side of the engine.

of course i just guessing here but i would think that it would be in contact with oil pressure and it should have some sort of seal to it ( i know the location of the sensor but have not seen it out in my hands or replaced one to tell you it def has some sort of gasket or seal to it )

just a idea if you have exhausted all other options .but like rob said sometimes when replaceing a oil filter it will leave the oring still attached ,but also i think that there also may be an issue with the 4.0's oil filter attachment area ...i think that the hardware that bolts onto the block is prone to leaks ...not where the filter screws on but the actual unit the pipe ( the thing that you screw the filter to ) is attached to and meets up on the block .

maybe someone else knows what i'm talking about ... i'm sure i read that in another thread somewhere :dunno:....maybe i'm wrong .

Havn't had that issue with my 94. check the oil pan drain plug. Besides for a little oil seeping around my pan seal that is the only place mine leaks. how badly is it leaking?

Thanks for the information. Icertainly will look into each of your input. I failed to mention that the oil is leaking at the rear of the engine between the engine and the transmission.. The oil filter tube or the sensor could centainly be the cuprit, will let you know the outcome. J.Norwood

Back