Lease Maintenance? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lease Maintenance?

You'll more than likely have to replace tires at least before turning the vehicle back in. There is a minimum tread depth that is accepted and in 36,000, if you drive that far, you will be beyond that.
That's something I don't have to worry about. If I kept my vehicle for 36k miles, the tire's "best before date" would likely kick in before getting down to the wear bars! :D

Peter

Gotcha, This is my first new vehicle so I wasn't sure what all needed to be done. So it's a 3yr/36k lease, and what I'm getting from this is I only need to pay roughly 3 oil changes going off the OLM? That's it? No other schelduled maint. I should have to pay for? I can't see tires and brakes going out in 3yr/36k miles. Thanks!

Seriously, dude. You need to crack open that owner's manual. There are no less than 3 entire chapters dedicated to maintenance and care. Spoiler alert...it's not just oil changes. There are cabin filters, climate control filters, wiper blades, windshield wiper fluid, etc. to deal with. Not to mention all the normal quickie inspections that might turn something up, like tire wear, brake pad wear, belt wear, etc.

Just start with the manual and go from there. It will answer a lot of your questions. If you still got some after that, post up. Plenty of peeps here than can probably help.

Back