• Register Today It's free!

Leather seat torn - options

crunchie_frog

Reaction score
City, State
Johnson City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Multiple 99-00 5.0 AWD
I have a torn driver's side tan leather seat. Other than getting extremely lucky and finding a nice one at the junk yard what have you done? I tried one of those repair kits, didn't last long. Just trying to find something that will sort of look nice and not out of place.

www.theseatshop.com

I had my leather driver's seat re-done by them and it came out looking brand new. They have all the patterns and foam layouts for most SUV's. Kinda' pricey, about $350 for the whole job but I am really satisfied. They are located here in Plano just a few miles from me. Shipping may not be an option for you.

yeah, i bought a leather driver's seat bottom for my '01 EB from them. excellent match, fit and quality. my foam was still good. i watched their installation video and decided to give it a go myself. the OE cover had two metal rods that weren't needed with the new cover and i had to trim a piece of plastic that was in the way of something. it came out great and looks like new. that was 2 years ago. they also suggested cleaning the rest my the seats with Foaming Bubbles brand bathroom cleaner to make everything match and they do. i think i paid $199 for the leather cover. they guy was really nice and even gave me his personal cell number, in case i was installing the cover over the weekend and had a question. i'd rate the job difficulty a 5 on a scale of 1-10 (considering i'd never done anything like this before).

i'd also spoken to a local upholstery guy about just replacing the torn piece. he quoted me $75 if i removed the cover and brought it to him. that didn't seem worth it to me and i doubt i would have been happy with the finished product as the rest of my interior was perfect.

tip: if your going to do the job yourself, invest in a good pair of hog-ring pliers. they sold me a piece of junk for $5 that was useless. i ended up using my needle nose pliers (which worked ok).

Back