• Register Today It's free!

Led pods in rear bumper?

neo71665

Reaction score
City, State
arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xls exploader
Anybody seen a thread or has cut in some of those LED flush pods in the factory rear bumper? The reverse lights on mom's truck suck esp with the tinted windows. Drove it last night for her and had to roll the window down to see. I have some on my Blazer but it has plate bumpers. I just wondered how they look in the factory plastic bumper or do they vibrate and rip out over time. I know I'll have to cut the bumper and a hole in the styrofoam so the recess in. Just don't wanna end up having to replace the cover if they are gonna rip out.

I searched and about the only topics I found was just about swapping in the incan bulbs with LEDs.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody seen a thread or has cut in some of those LED flush pods in the factory rear bumper? The reverse lights on mom's truck suck esp with the tinted windows. Drove it last night for her and had to roll the window down to see. I have some on my Blazer but it has plate bumpers. I just wondered how they look in the factory plastic bumper or do they vibrate and rip out over time. I know I'll have to cut the bumper and a hole in the styrofoam so the recess in. Just don't wanna end up having to replace the cover if they are gonna rip out.

I searched and about the only topics I found was just about swapping in the incan bulbs with LEDs.

Thanks
I did installed flush mount on my 01 sport on a toogle switch tho

I did installed flush mount on my 01 sport on a toogle switch tho

Any good pics of the installed lights? I never got around to doing this on mom's truck. A smoker build got started first, my lil brother who lives 4 hours away had his first child, plus the lock down. I'm still up in the air if I wanna do the small square lights or the rectangle ones.

Any good pics of the installed lights? I never got around to doing this on mom's truck. A smoker build got started first, my lil brother who lives 4 hours away had his first child, plus the lock down. I'm still up in the air if I wanna do the small square lights or the rectangle ones.
I will take some for ya later brother

Attachments

• 20200510_093433.jpg
    20200510_093433.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200510_093430.jpg
    20200510_093430.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 92

on my 03 i drilled and tapped the oem hitch bar and put 4 inch pods on adjustable braces... wish i had pictures but that was almost 5 years ago... they worked like a charm tough

Back