LED puddle light notes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED puddle light notes.

seth21

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
First tried these and they were a hair too long. Ended up putting them in as my reverse lights.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1701/4011/

Got these and they are nice and bright. Stock lights had something like 80 lumens and these have 177 so double the light output.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1677/4010/

I also got some led fog lights from Amazon that were pretty good. Honestly the output doesn't even matter since the HID projectors are so epic.

Originally bought some LED puddle lights from autozone but they turned out to only be 70 lumens and I wanted my puddle lights to be brighter so I used those in the license plate. I wanted all the exterior lights to might the 'clear white' of my headlights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10710c979917c7a140a5acdb7ad4130d.jpg

a50ca22b777c79058a18d55c70e18032.jpg

782ee030504411e157f683e07ba481a4.jpg

New fog lights
935e3f85ac6f650f8105345e153202b2.jpg

Was there any issue with a bulb out message? If not I am definitely ordering some for my puddle and plate lights

I dont have the message center but as far as i know those lights are not included in my bulb out check... Only brake lights, turn signals and i still have normal bulbs in those... My fogs dont give errors either when they burn out

I have message center and currently have the headlight error with my relay HID projector set up. I've got a non resistor plan to resolve it that I'll post about soon.

I have LED fogs, puddle lights and reverse lights with no error so you are good to go.

I have message center and currently have the headlight error with my relay HID projector set up. I've got a non resistor plan to resolve it that I'll post about soon.

I have LED fogs, puddle lights and reverse lights with no error so you are good to go.

DId you get your non resistor plan going for you HID's?

First tried these and they were a hair too long. Ended up putting them in as my reverse lights.
921 LED Bulb with Focusing Lens - Back Up Bulb - (10) SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs

Got these and they are nice and bright. Stock lights had something like 80 lumens and these have 177 so double the light output.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1677/4010/

I also got some led fog lights from Amazon that were pretty good. Honestly the output doesn't even matter since the HID projectors are so epic.

Originally bought some LED puddle lights from autozone but they turned out to only be 70 lumens and I wanted my puddle lights to be brighter so I used those in the license plate. I wanted all the exterior lights to might the 'clear white' of my headlights.
Have you checked with superbrightleds.com they have an extensive array of LEDs along with a great website that tells you everything you need to know about each product. NO! I don't have stock in the company. I wish I did back in 2003 when I started using their co.

Back