LED puddle light project | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED puddle light project

I originally bought these LEDs to make some custom fog lights buy bought HIDs instead:) So I was bored tonight and came up with these. These LEDs are 10mm 10000mcd hyper whites. Anyway, these took me about two hours tonight and I wanted to show them off. THey are alot brighter than the camera makes them out to be because of the light compensation. Now I just have to make them fit in my mirrors. The soldering job is terrible because I had no flux, bot oh well--it will be fine with the little current they draw. I have about 1000 of these and I am now working on some 6x9 driving lights.

Attachments

• justin 017.jpg
    justin 017.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 844
  • justin 018.jpg
    justin 018.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 827
  • justin 019.jpg
    justin 019.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 819

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

would you be able to make a set with an on/off switch? As in if you were to make rock lights or fogs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, they are going to be a good bit higher than $10. The LEDs themself retail for about 60 cents each(.60x16), not including the 2 hours of labor. I havent set a price yet because I dont know what people are willing to pay for something like this.

what kind of housing are they in?

slravene said:
what kind of housing are they in?

you mean the puddle lamps? they are in the stock housing on the underside of the mirrors.

nah, i mean if you were to make floods, or rock lights...how would you house them?

slravene said:
nah, i mean if you were to make floods, or rock lights...how would you house them?
I am not sure. I am planning on making a wooden frame for mine and sealing it with fiberglas resin. I will probably make a front lens out of clear plexi. OR I could buy some cheap tractor lights and cut the housing apart, insert the leds, and seal it back up.

Great work! Mine slipped right in and are bright as hell! I can't wait to see them at night!

If he offers them, I say buy 'em up!!!

well i made one for the dome light b/c of you Justin. I like how you wired the leds. The way i did mine it took 3 hours but it was my first time. I will post pics later

IAmTodd said:
Great work! Mine slipped right in and are bright as hell! I can't wait to see them at night!

If he offers them, I say buy 'em up!!!

Justin are you selling anymore??? I sure would like a pair. If you are what price are you looking to get? I have no idea on how to fab up some leds.

Back